OT - Julie Andrews' new lyrics to "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music

Old March 2nd 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

Default OT - Julie Andrews' new lyrics to "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music

Julie Andrews turns 69 -
To commemorate her 69th birthday on October 1,
actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special
appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall
for the benefit of the AARP.

One of the musical numbers she performed was
"My Favorite Things" from the legendary movie,
"Sound Of Music".
Here are the lyrics she used:

Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cadillac's and cataracts, and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the pipes leak,
When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Back pains, confused brains, and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.
When the joints ache,
When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

(Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the
crowd that lasted over four minutes! and repeated encores.)
Please share Ms. Andrews' clever wit and humor
with others who would appreciate it.

Old March 2nd 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Fanta-buli-stic!!
Thanks for this Musicmaker.
Printed out for myself to sing - I'm not far behind her, and already
some are most appropriate g
..
In message .com,
Musicmaker writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 2nd 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann Hilyard

Good parody, but not, apparently, hers:
http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/andrews.asp

Nann

oups.com...

Old March 2nd 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I love Snopes! I've discounted many email messages with this site.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
. ..

Old March 2nd 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I should have used...."discredited" instead of "discounted". I hit "send"
before I got my brain in gear.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi