Knittted mobile phone (cellphone) covers

Old May 18th 12, 09:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Default Knittted mobile phone (cellphone) covers

We lived in Scarborough (North Yorkshire) before moving up here. The
local newspaper reports that youngsters are knitting covers for mobile
phones (cellphones) and selling them to raise funds for charity
http://www.scarborougheveningnews.co.uk/community/local-focus/knitted-mobbles-raise-charity-cash-1-4555864
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old May 19th 12, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Friday, May 18, 2012 11:20:16 AM UTC+3, Bruce wrote:

I made many Cellphone bags as presents for friends in various techniques , knitted crocheted embroidered appliques , it is a useful present.
Also those made for Charity bazaars are snatched.

It is also a very useful present for somebody going into hospital, it enables them to keep the mobile near them.
mirjam
Old May 19th 12, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep

On 5/19/2012 12:11 AM, wrote:
On Friday, May 18, 2012 11:20:16 AM UTC+3, Bruce wrote:

I made many Cellphone bags as presents for friends in various techniques , knitted crocheted embroidered appliques , it is a useful present.
Also those made for Charity bazaars are snatched.

It is also a very useful present for somebody going into hospital, it enables them to keep the mobile near them.
mirjam

I found a free pattern online for doggie poo-bag dispensers - here in
the states most communities appreciate (or even mandate by law) that you
pick up after your dog when walking it (helps curb the spread of
parasites/diseases, and that annoying poop-on-your-shoes) - and lots of
stores sell rolls of plastic bags (some even biodegradable) specifically
for this purpose. This makes a small knitted bag with a "hole" at the
bottom to pull the plastic bags through, and a drawstring at top to tie
it to your leash. The original pattern calls for fingering or sock
weight yarn, but I have converted it to a worsted weight (since that is
more readily available, and comes in a wider variety of synthetic fibers
than does sock yarn, since many people are allergic to the wool & wool
blends found in most sock yarns).

I plan on making many of these and selling them for charity (that being
our local shelter).... eventually

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old May 21st 12, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/19/12 12:11 AM, in article
, "
wrote:

On Friday, May 18, 2012 11:20:16 AM UTC+3, Bruce wrote:

I made many Cellphone bags as presents for friends in various techniques ,
knitted crocheted embroidered appliques , it is a useful present.
Also those made for Charity bazaars are snatched.

It is also a very useful present for somebody going into hospital, it enables
them to keep the mobile near them.
mirjam

Good thing to think of. Nice to hear from you - I was actually just
thinking of you, Mirjam. A close friend of ours - their daughter is just
heading to Israel to do her birthright trip, and I may send you an e-mail
for permission to give her your e-mail - as a just in case. She's a very
nice girl - majoring in dance & performance.

Also - on a trip to a museum with some other stitchers recently we were
discussing various forms of textile arts and ways to involve people & I told
them about your interests and exhibits. We were visiting Winterthur, and
the curator brought some things out to show us & discuss -it was very
interesting as we all discussed trying to date a couple of pieces that were
likely mis-dated when they reached her ( I was with some rather expert
people - not me). They were pretty intrigued by what I could describe of
your artistry - as we were driving by to our hotel an hour away.

Ellice

Old May 23rd 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 5/18/2012 5:13 AM, wrote:

Good for them ! I have one I made, knitted and felted so that when I
walked in the woods and didn't have a purse with me, I did have my
cell phone in case of accident.

I made one for myself, too, with the intent of having it hang off my
beltloops. I never did figure out a good way to do that, so it's
sitting in my stitching cabinet waiting for some kind of inspiration to
hit me.

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown
Old May 24th 12, 11:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:02:19 PM UTC+3, ndjoan wrote:

Good for them ! I have one I made, knitted and felted so that when I
walked in the woods and didn't have a purse with me, I did have my
cell phone in case of accident.

I made one for myself, too, with the intent of having it hang off my
beltloops. I never did figure out a good way to do that, so it's
sitting in my stitching cabinet waiting for some kind of inspiration to
hit me.

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

iF you have a belt
sew a cloth loop that will match the belt width
if you don`t have a belt sew yourself a cloth tunnel with elastic in it that will sit on you just pefectly
mirjam