2006-2007 BOM for February

Old February 2nd 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Default 2006-2007 BOM for February

Geez! Some of you are pretty impatient! I was thinking of waiting
until tomorrow and then pull some kind of Groundhog Day movie
joke....but I guess I'll just post it now and forget the funny stuff!

Just a reminder, this is the next to last BOM posting! The 2007-2008
BOM will need a new hostess, so feel free to let us know if you would
like to pick up and carry on the tradition! And a big thank you again
to Melissa in NJ for all the help getting me going on this year's BOM
and for doing last year's BOM. Thank you to Teri for hosting the
photo gallery! (Remember to get your completed block photos to Teri
to post to the gallery so we can all enjoy!)

Enjoy! I can't wait to see the photos!

Dannielle

How this BOM works is I will post block patterns each month near the
beginning of each month. One is pieced, one appliqué and one paper
pieced. It is up to you which one (or ones) you would like to do.
You will work at your own pace over the course of each month. You
keep your blocks. You do not mail them to me. At the end of the year
you will have twelve blocks to set into a quilt. You keep the quilt.
You do not mail it to me (unless you really feel the need to give me
this gift!). You will then have your very own 2006-2007 RCTQ BOM
quilt. When I announce a month's block patterns, I will also include
the previous months' as well so if you decide to join along the way
you will have all the blocks. Pieced blocks and paper pieced blocks
will be 12" in size whenever possible and appliqué blocks will be
whatever I can find that is available. Feel free to size up/down if
you so chose.

This BOM will run from April 2006 through May 2007. This is how the
schedule breaks down:
April 2006 - March 2007: Monthly blocks
April 2007: Completing the Top (setting, sashing, borders, etc.)
May 2007: Completing the Quilt (quilting, binding, labeling, etc.) -
Done!

Marcia Hohn has a pin rating on her site (www.quilterscache.com) that
rates the level of difficulty of her block patterns. One pin blocks
are fairly simple and they increase in difficulty as the number of
pins increase. I will start with one pin blocks and increase our
difficulty as we go so that we are challenged, but not overwhelmed! I
also consider myself a fairly novice quilter, and these will all be
blocks I would be willing to try (well, maybe not the appliqué). Most
of the blocks with only have three colors to them; however, some of
them may have four.

Finished blocks can be seen at http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/RCTQ-2006-2007-BOM
I must give a very large THANK YOU! to Teri for maintaining the
gallery!

Dannielle

April 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/StarflowerBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/
DoubleWindmill2Block.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt189/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

May 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CardBasketBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/
EightPointedStarVariation2Block.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/DogwoodBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

June 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/Mosaic2Block.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/
BeaconLightsBlock.html (this
can be paper pieced or use regular templates!)
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt171/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

July 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/FoldedStarBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/
NightandDayBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CarolinaLilyBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

August 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/
MarthaWashingtonStarBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/
StarsandDiamondsBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/SunflowerBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

September 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CoronationBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/
BirdofParadiseBlock.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt65/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

October 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/
SpinningFourPatchBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/G_I/
HuntersStarBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilt-design.com/BOM/patnov983.htm
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

November 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S/
SquareswithinSquaresBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/
BlazingStarBlock.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt126/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

December 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DoubleAsterBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/
BrotherBearBlock.html
Appliqué Block: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt85/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

January 2007:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SpinkysBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/F/
Four&TwentyBlackbirdsBlock.html
Appliqué Block: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt253/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

February 2007:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/
BlackfordsBeautyBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/
Boxes&BowsBlock.html
Appliqué Block: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt169/

Old February 2nd 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

i could be wrong but is the link the same for both pieced and PP block?
oops, just checked that link and it says its a forbidden directory.
eeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!
heres the links i found.
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Black...autyBlock.html
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Boxes&BowsBlock.html
both very cool blocks. good choices.
most likely confuddled again,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Dannielle" wrote...

Old February 2nd 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
offkilterquilter

I edited the posting so that the links are correct...the links somehow
got cut in half when Danielle posted the original message.

Larisa

February 2007:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Black...autyBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Boxes&BowsBlock.html

Old February 2nd 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

well done, L.
i should of thot of that. doh!
cheers,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"offkilterquilter" wrote...

Old February 2nd 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Okay, Dannielle, so I'll help you out and post a puzzle
to celebrate. http://www.jigzone.com/z.php
Happy Groundhog Day to all!! PAT

Dannielle wrote:
Geez! Some of you are pretty impatient! I was thinking of waiting
until tomorrow and then pull some kind of Groundhog Day movie
joke....but I guess I'll just post it now and forget the funny stuff!

..
Old February 2nd 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

On Feb 1, 10:29 pm, offkilterquilter
wrote:
I edited the posting so that the links are correct...the links somehow
got cut in half when Danielle posted the original message.

Larisa

Thanks Larisa! They were working fine for me prior to posting...which
makes me think that this new Google thing is totally messing with me!
Argh! Maybe it truly is a Groundhog Day posting after all!

Dannielle

Old February 2nd 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

well it's all your own fault g you spoilt us by posting it nice and early
several times in a row a warning that is was going to be "late" would have
eased our fears :-) LOL

thanks for chosing a second 4 colour block! now the first one won't be so
lonely... off to raid the stash for fabrics....

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)
[...]

International Conference on Bead and Beadwork 22-25 November 2007 saime Beads 0 January 2nd 07 07:35 PM
RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM - January 2007 Dannielle Quilting 13 December 26th 06 05:23 PM
Holliday Luncheon - 2006 C&S Quilting 3 October 30th 06 07:19 PM
reminder - Holiday luncheon 2006 Ceridwen Quilting 0 October 18th 06 06:34 PM
Longest Thread so far in 2006 ~KK in BC~ Quilting 7 September 8th 06 04:53 PM