QI Inventory??

Old September 7th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Renée Clark

Default QI Inventory??

Schnauzer/Poodle mix.... another of these hybrids like the cockapoo (cocker
spaniel and poodle), goldendoodle (golden retriever and poodle) and
Aussieaire (australian shepherd and airedale terrier). Schnoodles are
wonderful creatures, my late Paisley was one.

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
Schnoodle--4 years old, her pic is in my sig.--Ginger

uh..... a what?

~KK in BC~

Old September 7th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Renée Clark

ANOTHER Angus? This is three, LOL! Common thread... my Angus is
Airedale/Collie, and there's another Cocker named Angus in the group as
well!

"Sunny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have two dogs: Angus is a 14-year-old rat terrier, mostly white with
black markings and brown on his muzzle 9turning gray now) and his
eyebrows; Jojo is a 5-year-old spitz/chow mix, mostly black with a tiny
bit of white on his chest. Angus is old and crochety. Jojo is the
funniest dog I've ever had. He has to have his "binky" (a stuffed thing
I got him when he was brand new) to go to sleep. If he can't find it
he's miserable. They don't bother my sewing stuff too much, unless I
leave a quilt-in-progress on the floor. Then of course they go to sleep
on it.

Sunny

Old September 7th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Don't rightly know whether these qualify as QI's or not: we have two
water turtles. One called Margarita and the other is called Chucuga
(that was how my DD3 pronounced tortuga (Spanish for turtle) when she
was little. All three dd's have been on my case to get them a "real"
pet since the turtles "don't do anything". Right now it's a toss up
between a bunny and a puppy (guess who gets to take care of them if I
give in.....). OF course, if it were up to DD2, she'd have a dolphin
swimming around the bathtub, an elephant in her bedroom, and a horse in
the yard!!! She wants to be a vet (has wanted to since forever; right
now she's almost 11).

Claudia

Old September 7th 06, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

IMS wrote:

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:26:11 -0400, "Kate G."
wrote:

I'm sitting here watching my 6 month old Yellow Lab puppy named Samson DEVOUR a new rawhide bone...
and wondered?

Do you have a QI (or 2 or 3 or 4?)

Yes -- 5 most are very feathery....

If so... Dog or Cat (or something else)?

4 parrots - 1 dog.

How old is he or she?

Parrots are 25 (she), 22 (he), 15 (he) and 5 (not sure yet!). Dog is 7
(he).

What breed?

The parrots a (2) Moluccon Cockatoos (1) Citron-Crested Cockatoo, (1)
Blue and Gold Macaw. Doggie is a mixed breed pomeranian and something
else!

What is/are your QI(s) names?

Parrots: Sunshine (B&G Macaw), Hera (Moluccon #1), Navarr (Moluccon #2),
and Solomon (Citron-Cresetd). Doggie: Ginger.

You can see some pics of my "puppy" he http://community.webshots.com/user/Candy_Jar_Swap
Where can we see pictures of yours?

Look here, under 'pets'

http://community.webshots.com/user/herabird

Kate in MI

PS: (I use the term "puppy" loosely... he has now surpassed 60 pounds!

-Irene

--------------
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West
--------------

Ah, yes - the cuddly parot! I remember that one!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 7th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

IMS wrote:

Oh, Paulette....I'd love a Peacock! Imagine a bird *that* big....!

-Irene

They scream: it sounds like someone is murdering children! Bit
startling if you are not expecting it! OK if you have a few acres of
lawn, but I wouldn't want one in a suburban garden. Leeds Castle has
white ones!

Old September 7th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
pami

beautiful cat....would also love to see a front view...does he have two
different colored eyes?
Pami

Old September 7th 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

So sorry to hear about Steve, Denise.
What a horrible thing to happen - for both of you.
Mine are indoor cats, too.
..
In message , Denise in NH
writes
Aussie/Lab mix--13 years old--Kaz

Schnoodle--4 years old, her pic is in my sig.--Ginger

two housecats--Brigit and Pippen

I recently lost my third cat, Steve, some outside creature ate him, but
he still crawled back onto the porch to say goodbye. My heart is still
broken.

Denise
http://community.webtv.net/DeniseJG/
My QI

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 7th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Wonderful stories, Alice.
..
In message , AliceW
writes
Ok, this may freak out some folks, but as of today, I still have 4 QIs
although only 3 are in "human" form. I'll explain:

Our sweet Miss Paisley crossed the Bridge on August 24th. But we have her
mortal cremains in a little burgundy box in our library. We plan to bury
her in our backyard under the grape arbor next to Brandy when the rain stops
long enough. My DH is also assembling a few photos for her to take with
her. He has made a beautiful marker for both of them. She would have been
16 on November 27th - the day after my birthday.

Kirby is our "baby". He is 3.5 years old but is still very much "the pup".
He is a Westie as were Brandy and Paisley, but the first male in the family.
He is doing much better now, but I can tell he still misses Paisley. He is
my DHs fishing buddy more than a QI but he still loves to keep me company
when I quilt.

"Scraps" is our sweet calico cat that is really belongs to my son in
Florida. When he calls, his first words are "How's my cat?". When he moved
from our house to Florida, he couldn't take her with him. That was over 6
years ago. I keep telling him "if she is YOUR cat, you owe me a few bucks
for food and vet bills"! But we love her. She was the only kitten left
after a pit bull killed her mom and siblings. That's why he named her
"Scraps". She now loves to sleep under my computer desk when I am working
in my office.

Gypsy is our spirited tabby cat. She found her way to our garage several
years ago and we would leave her some food and fresh water. She was very
aloof and would come and go like the little gypsy she was. Then one day,
she visited us as she normally did, but this time, she brought her 3
kittens - one at a time! Little itty, bitty balls of fur. We (I) named
them Dotty, Stripes and Calico and found a good home for each and every one
of them. Then we had a stern talk with mom. We left for a weeks vacation
on Martha's Vineyard the following year and returned home to see her waiting
for us in the garage. She was so glad to see us as we were to see her.
Then out from behind a bucket comes a kitten, then another. Uh, oh! Time
for another talk with the mom! We set up an area for mom and her kittens in
the corner of the garage so they would be safe. We (I) named the kittens
Sunshine and Shadow. Then my DH was getting ready to go fishing very, very
early the next day when a blur flashed across the garage floor. A third
kitten! He was the spitting image of Sunshine so we (I) named him Ditto.
Now there were three! It took a while, but good homes were found for all
three. But we weren't going to take anymore chances and we sure didn't want
any more kittens. But Gypsy, as she was now being called, was a bit leery
of humans. But we gained her trust and were finally able to hold her.
After a while, we were able to have her spayed and given all her shots. We
brought her home from the vet's and had set up an area in our basement for
her to stay while she healed. We didn't want her roaming around outside
with stitches to heal. It was the first time she had been inside the
house - and the last time she went outside the house! She healed nicely and
thought our digs were much nicer than under the deck and since Scraps took
to her right away, she thought she'd stay awhile. That was 5 years ago.
She is a love and a cuddler and likes to "talk" a lot, I mean , A LOT! She
is my main QI and can smell new fabric as soon as I take it out of the bag!
She tests out each new quilt for me as well. I guess she figures she needs
to earn her keep! She doesn't seem to realize, we'd love her no matter
what!

So, that's my gang!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 7th 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

pami wrote:
beautiful cat....would also love to see a front view...does he have two
different colored eyes?
Pami

Which cat?

-georg
Old September 7th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Paulette

Default QI Inventory?? peacock

Oh, Paulette....I'd love a Peacock! Imagine a bird *that* big....!

-Irene

They are VERY easy keepers ! Oh, and I already have the fabrics for a
peacock wallhanging, just waiting for the right pattern (or drawing)
Paulette in WV