OT Pat Porter How's DH doing

Old January 18th 04, 01:11 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/17/04 12:58 PM, in article
, "Karen C - California"
wrote:

In article , Cheryl Isaak
writes:

Hey - it warmed up, it 20F now!

I know you're excited, but no running around outdoors in your bikini just yet!

Heck, I was walking around with the coat open - it felt like spring!
Cheryl

Old January 18th 04, 01:45 AM
Gillian Murray

Oh, shucks, it was so cold this morning, I wore jeans with my
sandals.....all of 63 degrees !Around here they wear padded anoraks and
earmuffs if it falls below 60~ See why I am dying for some cold??!!LOLOL

Gillian
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/17/04 12:58 PM, in article
, "Karen C - California"

Old January 19th 04, 03:03 AM
Meredith

I know - I never thought I'd be calling 10F warm!

Meredith

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/17/04 12:58 PM, in article
, "Karen C - California"

Old January 19th 04, 11:34 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Felt almost balmy yesterday!
Cheryl
On 1/18/04 10:03 PM, in article ,
"Meredith" wrote:

I know - I never thought I'd be calling 10F warm!

Meredith

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/17/04 12:58 PM, in article
, "Karen C - California"

Old January 19th 04, 10:48 PM
Darla

Today I transplanted the bottle brush and repotted the fuchsia and
whatever was potted with it (those two went into separate pots).
Still have a bunch of daylilies that need to be transplanted, but
we've just ordered a new tiller (the other one disappeared in the
move), so I'm waiting until we get the new tiller and will do a whole
slew of beds after that, including that odd little strip up the west
side of the house. I'm going to put annual sweetpeas along there, the
climbers along the fence side of the sidewalk and the bush type on the
house side of the sidewalk. (I love sweetpeas.)

"Meredith" wrote:

I know - I never thought I'd be calling 10F warm!

Meredith

Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old February 2nd 04, 03:23 PM
Ellice

On 1/19/04 6:34 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

"Meredith" wrote:

I know - I never thought I'd be calling 10F warm!

LOL - it's not that bad here - to call 10F warm - more like 20-25 F felt
warm, yesterday -went out - no gloves, coats open - it was about that. Felt
great after all the 15F days, evenings. I actually had to yell at DH, who
was going out to ref last week - thinking it would be fine if he just went
in his jeans, t-shirt, open jacket, no socks -just his boat shoes slipped
on, no gloves, hat (though claiming he'd put on his tuque) . What's the
problem - it's 9:30 pm, and the temperature is about 12F, with windchill, at
0F (about -9C - -18C) . What a guy - I'm standing there - pointing down -
where are your socks? Him - saying -well - it's only a couple of minutes
I'll be outside! Me - yeah, and then into the toasty, warm 50F rink, and so
on, not to mention walking thru the snowy/ice. Of course, he grumbled, and
put on socks, real shoes - and despite this - has a runny nose, head cold
since yesterday. Hard to believe.

But, the bad news - just got a weather advisory - they're looking at another
ice-storm, winter storm to hit here late tonight thru Tuesday. What fun.
More Ice. Our driveway is still a rink - I have to go buy ice-melt stuff
now!

ellice

Old February 2nd 04, 04:43 PM
F.James Cripwell

Ellice ) writes:
(snip)
But, the bad news - just got a weather advisory - they're looking at another
ice-storm, winter storm to hit here late tonight thru Tuesday. What fun.
More Ice. Our driveway is still a rink - I have to go buy ice-melt stuff
now!

ellice

My staple for melting ice in winter is urea. It has two advantages.
It tends not to damage the driveway or steps, and does not harm plant
life; it is allegedly a fertilizer, but not a very good one; 45-0-0.
However, it does not work very well at really cold temperatures. HTH.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old February 2nd 04, 05:46 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/2/04 11:43 AM, in article , "F.James
Cripwell" wrote:

Ellice ) writes:
(snip)
But, the bad news - just got a weather advisory - they're looking at another
ice-storm, winter storm to hit here late tonight thru Tuesday. What fun.
More Ice. Our driveway is still a rink - I have to go buy ice-melt stuff
now!

ellice

My staple for melting ice in winter is urea. It has two advantages.
It tends not to damage the driveway or steps, and does not harm plant
life; it is allegedly a fertilizer, but not a very good one; 45-0-0.
However, it does not work very well at really cold temperatures. HTH.
--

But the plants love all that extra nitrogen later - lots of leaf growth! But
at the expense of the roots or blooming.

Cheryl

Old February 2nd 04, 06:05 PM
Brenda Lewis

Get a hog lot scraper while you are at it. Makes ice removal much
easier. We found them at Lowe's in the garden section (with edging
tools). Use it to chop down to the pavement and then put the blade edge
under the ice and push it away.

Ellice wrote:
But, the bad news - just got a weather advisory - they're looking at another
ice-storm, winter storm to hit here late tonight thru Tuesday. What fun.
More Ice. Our driveway is still a rink - I have to go buy ice-melt stuff
now!

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: "Pink Baby" photo frame, Candamar

Old February 2nd 04, 06:57 PM
Ellice

On 2/2/04 1:05 PM,"Brenda Lewis" posted:

Get a hog lot scraper while you are at it. Makes ice removal much
easier. We found them at Lowe's in the garden section (with edging
tools). Use it to chop down to the pavement and then put the blade edge
under the ice and push it away.

Thanks for all the info. We did some ice chopping - I'm a bit awkward
skating around with the walking cast thing. And my toes get wet thru the
sock. And cold.

But, just told DH, we have to hit the home despot or the like on the way
home tonight and get something! Right now, and the new storm hasn't started
- the driveway has no lie at least a 60' solid ice slick - maybe more. The
other side is a good 75' ft slick.

We have to go out tonight - some little reception deal with the CAPS (tee
hee - no owner, as he's suspended from team activities after losing it and
whaling some poor kid with an offensive sign). So, have to get dressed up a
bit, and head downtown. At least we'll get to finally meet the new coach.
Then, we can do the home supplies shopping on the return drive - always good
to get dressed up for a visit to the home despot.

ellice

Ellice wrote:
But, the bad news - just got a weather advisory - they're looking at another
ice-storm, winter storm to hit here late tonight thru Tuesday. What fun.
More Ice. Our driveway is still a rink - I have to go buy ice-melt stuff
now!

Attn Pat Porter - alphabets Rosemary Needlework 6 November 17th 03 10:20 PM
How's this for pretty? BeckiBead Beads 5 November 11th 03 07:14 PM
OT - Attention Pat Porter clancy Needlework 4 October 2nd 03 02:18 PM
Pat Porter in other wars Norma Needlework 3 September 11th 03 03:52 PM