Mag eyes and such

Old July 20th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Mag eyes and such

Any one have any recommendations for them?

Something that can go over glasses would be good....

Old July 20th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone

In message , Cheryl Isaak
writes
Any one have any recommendations for them?

Something that can go over glasses would be good....

I would not like to be without my Mag Eyes.
I use them with my glasses on.
If I am beading or embroidering in my recliner I can look over the top
of them and watch TV.
Best magnifier I ever bought.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 20th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Any one have any recommendations for them?

Something that can go over glasses would be good....

Mag Eyes are GREAT! I have had mine for years and love them. I use
then when I travel or go to my needlework group monthly meeting. At
home, I have the Ott Light with the mag attachment so don't need the Mag
Eyes but they still go everywhere with MOI! And Shirley is right about
wearing them and still being able to look over the top to look at the
telly or see people you are talking to :-). Spend the $$$ -- you'll be
happy you did! OH -- mine came with 2 different lens strengths. Other
lenses of different strengths are also available for purchase. CiaoMeow
^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 20th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Johnno

I've used a variety of magnifiers, but I finally took the plunge and
bought Eschenbach magnifiers. They're very light, there are no edges
to get in the way, and they just clip onto spectacles. You can just
look up over the top of them to watch TV or whatever. They're the
best magnifiers I've used by far, and I don't regret the expense.
You'll probably find them where you buy glasses.

John

Old July 21st 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavis

I love my mag eyes and can't stitch without them. I too like the option of
looking over the top to see TV, and they don't put extra weight on my
glasses. The only thing I don't like are the strange stares I receive if I'm
stitching on a plane or in an airport. I look truly dorky!
--Mavis

Old July 23rd 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 7/20/07 9:14 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Any one have any recommendations for them?

Something that can go over glasses would be good....

We have a set made by Daylight. They come in a case, it's 4 different
magnifications, and they clip on to your glasses with a little bar, and you
can flip them up if you want them out of the way.
http://tinyurl.com/2cy7x4

These are very nice.

Of course, there are also the single magnification clip-ons, run about $13,
IIRc.

I know some folks that use the mag eyes, others that find them
uncomfortable.

Personally, I like using a separate magnifier - it just takes some practice
in getting the correct focal distance when you set up. I have a K's on my
stand. But, Daylight also has some very nice clip-on to your project ones,
and a free standing version - with or without light.
http://tinyurl.com/25vk6q

E-mail/give a call if you want us to send you something.

ellice

Up to my eyes maryd Quilting 0 December 17th 04 08:14 PM
OT - cat eyes to die for bluemaxx Beads 30 September 26th 04 09:56 PM
Eyes need help MoragP Quilting 2 September 22nd 04 10:17 PM
Vs: OT-My eyes and me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 2 August 20th 03 02:55 AM