Are you working on Holiday Projects?

Old June 25th 05, 08:26 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default Are you working on Holiday Projects?

Just happened to notice that today is June 25, just six month until
Christmas. Our Ragmop usually jumps in here and does a countdown about
now, but I thought I'd beat her to it.

Am I working on special Holiday Projects? Nope! But I am working on a
quilt, and some blocks for BOM at guild. The quilt is in response to the
Guild challenge titled "Out of the Blue" and it is due in September. I
am working on a former UFO ... now a WIP again!!

How about you? Got projects? And, Hi Sandy!!

(Mailed and Posted)

PAT in VA/USA
Old June 25th 05, 08:30 PM
Trixie

I just finished a Christmas tree skirt, done in purple Christmas fabrics.
Took two years to find enough purple-based to make it. I have a friend who
is crazy for purple, so it was worth the wait.

Trixie

Old June 25th 05, 08:31 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:26:28 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Just happened to notice that today is June 25, just six month until
Christmas. Our Ragmop usually jumps in here and does a countdown about
now, but I thought I'd beat her to it.

Am I working on special Holiday Projects? Nope! But I am working on a
quilt, and some blocks for BOM at guild. The quilt is in response to the
Guild challenge titled "Out of the Blue" and it is due in September. I
am working on a former UFO ... now a WIP again!!

How about you? Got projects? And, Hi Sandy!!

(Mailed and Posted)

PAT in VA/USA

Yes! (Today is Sasha QI's 12th birthday by the way - tin of salmon
with 12 candles on it for a special birthday dinner!)
I gathered the green, gold, red and brown fabrics I want to use to
make my sister a wallhanging (of a woven basket, with a leafy print
liner) then moved last December. Well I've found the stack again, the
pattern, and hope to begin it after I finish this month's 4-patch
blocks. I missed out giving it to her last year - determined to give
it to her this year for her birthday (Dec 3) or Christmas.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old June 25th 05, 09:03 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Just happened to notice that today is June 25, just six month until
Christmas. Our Ragmop usually jumps in here and does a countdown about
now, but I thought I'd beat her to it.

Am I working on special Holiday Projects? Nope! But I am working on a
quilt, and some blocks for BOM at guild. The quilt is in response to the
Guild challenge titled "Out of the Blue" and it is due in September. I
am working on a former UFO ... now a WIP again!!

How about you? Got projects? And, Hi Sandy!!

(Mailed and Posted)

PAT in VA/USA

Nope. I'm not working on holiday projects, but that's because I finished
making two *big* tree skirts for the DDs in March. They're put away and
ready to give -- whew!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old June 25th 05, 11:44 PM
maryd

I started on a tree skirt but it screamed at me when I considered cutting it
and putting a hole in the middle so it will be a table topper instead.

--
Mary
:

Old June 26th 05, 01:00 AM
Denise in NH

Well, I thought that I would start on a Holiday quilted couch throw this
summer, but my SIL is expecting around Thanksgiving and now I'll be
making a baby quilt instead. We know that it will be a girl. I'm
currently making a Celtic quilt for DS's girlfriend's B'Day in Sept. I
found panels with various Celtic pictures, Stonehenge, Greenman, etc.
and all I had to do is cut them apart and sash them. It's coming out
cute.

I still intend to make time for something Christmasy though, and I want
to make a Harvest colored table runner for the coffee table for
Thanksgiving.

Denise

Old June 26th 05, 01:03 AM
Debi Matlack

I have somethings I need to make/finish before Christmas, and most of my
gifts this year are likely to be handmade since I can't afford much, if
anyhting this year. I have a quilt for DSIL that I need to add a couple of
borders to, sandwich, tie and bind, a bag or something for my aunt and a few
others, and something golf-related for my uncle... who knows what that will
end up being. My parents usually end up with books since I never know what
to make for them and DMIL and DFIL... I dunno that either. Help!!! ;-)

--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old June 26th 05, 01:36 AM
~Ann~

I'm far behind on some of those BOMs, but in the back of my mind is a
project of a 'cheater panel' which I bought a couple yrs ago, a snowman
and such which will be good for freemotion quilting and make an
excellent wall or door hanging for the season..I need the practice, lol!
(Am just now getting confidence to really get down and do some of that
freemotion quilting on
larger pieces of fabric).

Ann