Trip to LQS...

Old July 9th 03, 11:11 PM
Kate Dicey

Paul & Suzie Beckwith wrote:

...yup, the sun was shining this morning, the sky was blue, so we both
thought "b*gger work - we're going out for the day..."

I've been a bit down since my Dad came out of hospital, my boss says
its all the stress and worry I've been under, so Paul & I decided to
take ourselves out for the day and have fun. And in my book, that
means buying fabric BEG!

So, it was off to Quilters Haven, the shop I should have had the class
at on the day Dad went in... but this time I was armed with a payrise
(very dangerous...)

2 new books - Easy Pieces by Margaret J Miller (who developed and
wrote Strips that Sizzle)

and Split-Diamond Dazzlers by Pauline Johnston (hey she's British!!!)

a quarter inch bias tape maker that you use with the iron-on tape as
well as the fabric

A metre of black with gold sprinkles on it
A metre of wacky striped fabric which will be fabulous as a cheating
border
A FQ of celtic-printed fabric

A reel of yellow/green varigated quilting thread from Oliver Twist

Paul wasn't going to be left out, and bought a bundle of brushed
flannels in red & brown.

So, £72 lighter, we left Wickham Market and drove to Orford to visit
the smokehouse... bad move... oak-smoked stilton, oak-smoked cheddar,
oak-smoked garlic, (can you see a theme here?) oak-smoked pork/garlic
and pork/apple sausages and dry-cured oak-smoked back bacon...

You should smell my fridge... (hey, you probably can from over there!)

We then drove to Woodbridge and sat on the riverside eating lemon
meringue ice-cream and watching the birds wading in the mud... two
oyster-catchers having a very long conversation "peeping" at each
other, and 33 geese of varying sizes lazily swimming up and down the
river. Very restful, very nice, just what was needed.

Suzie B (hmm, back to work tomorrow...)
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Sounds like a great way to spend the day! Wonder if I can wangle
one like that for the 17th? Hm... (BEG here!)
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 10th 03, 12:01 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Ah, sounds like a wonderful day. I was smiling and nodding until I got
to the lemon meringue ice cream part and then my jaw dropped and I
started to drool. A fun and tasty day!

marcella

Old July 10th 03, 12:49 AM
Donna in Idaho

Sounds like a wonderful day. Will you share the lemon meringue ice cream?
That sounds really yummy!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old July 10th 03, 01:45 AM
Diana Curtis

Default Trip to LQS...

Thank you for sharing your day of French leave with us. Im so happy for you
and Paul. You needed it and deserved it! I feel calmer already.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old July 11th 03, 05:13 AM
Vickie Y.

Suzie, your day sounded heavenly! One little thing grabbed my
attention, tho; " A FQ of celtic-printed fabric"! Oh my! I NEED
details on this one! That would be worth a trade of some different
flavors of M&Ms!! VBG

Vickie in Cleveland, popping my head around the corner, still trying to
catch up!

Suzie Beckwith wrote ...
...yup, the sun was shining this morning, the sky was blue, so we both
thought "b*gger work - we're going out for the day..."

snipped details of a wonderful day

Suzie B (hmm, back to work tomorrow...)

Old July 13th 03, 05:51 PM
DDM

Well, yeah, the celtic-printed fabric sounds pretty good, Vickie, but I need
details on the " metre of wacky striped fabric which will be fabulous as a
cheating border". Details, Suzie...we need details!

Dee in LeRoy, NY ( stripes..they're a good thing...even better if they're
wacky)

Old July 13th 03, 11:35 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

You lot don't want much do ya...!

OK, the border fabric is
Suzie Q Quilter by Fabri-Quilt
http://www.fabri-quilt.com/cotton2.asp?id=34
ID#112-77401 or ID#112-77403
its on the second row from the bottom, the left-hand stripe I think,
in this light its difficult to tell, but its one of them anyway!

The celtic fabric is proving more difficult to trace, its selvedge
says "The Celtic Range. Designed by The Woodrow Studio London
England." It may say more but that's as far as my FQ selvedge goes...

Its basically a sort-of darkish/paleish blue colour with smallish
multi-coloured square and rectangular celtic designs printed all over
it - knotwork, mandalas, borders, all printed in reds, blues, yellows
& greens... not a very good description but I've just spent 30 minutes
trawling the internet trying to find a photo of it with no luck - if
you want I can try scanning it in or photographing it and bunging it
on my webshots site.

But not tonite - we've just got back from a friends BBQ where I had
almost too much to drink and as its midnight here I'm going to bed...

nite nite
Suzie B

Trip to Disney mickey Knots 0 November 28th 04 01:52 PM
OT My trip to San Diego Queen City Cross Stitcher Needlework 2 February 23rd 04 03:27 AM
Trip bowline; Inside hitch; Tarbuck knot Dan Lehman Knots 1 August 22nd 03 05:29 PM