Looking for the precision cut genuine color gemstones

Old October 17th 03, 04:14 PM
Lisa Kidman

Default Looking for the precision cut genuine color gemstones

Hi,

I am looking for the precision cut genuine colour gemstones or what
they call machine cut gemstones. ( I know about Signity and they
mostly sell synthetics)

Do you know anybody ( apart of Siginity and all Swarovski related
companies) who offers machine cut colour graded calibrated precious
sapphires blue, yellow, pink and rubies or maybe some semiprecious
gems?

Thanks
Lisa Kidman
Old October 18th 03, 05:36 PM
Dale

"Lisa Kidman" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for the precision cut genuine colour gemstones or what
they call machine cut gemstones. ( I know about Signity and they
mostly sell synthetics)

Do you know anybody ( apart of Siginity and all Swarovski related
companies) who offers machine cut colour graded calibrated precious
sapphires blue, yellow, pink and rubies or maybe some semiprecious
gems?

Try the Joseph P. Stachura Co. at
http://www.stachurawholesalegemstones.com. They've got a large selection of
what you're looking for. They don't have a web catalog, but you can request
the paper version on their site and they'll send it to you muy pronto. Also,
I've bought stuff from Alpha Imports at http://www.alphaimports.com. They do
have a web catalog, and you can order direct from their site. Stachura is a
very personable company, though, and they'll make sure you get what you
need. I never spoke with anyone at Alpha, so I don't know if they're
personable or not. They might be, but you'll have to call and find out.

Old October 21st 03, 04:12 PM
Lisa Kidman

Thanks Dale, but this companies does not offer precision cut genuine
colour gemstones
and I can't purchase anything from their websites.

Usual story for a gem traders: a lot of talking and poor quality
website where you can't buy a thing...

Lisa K

. ..

Old October 21st 03, 04:18 PM
Peter W. Rowe

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:12:26 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry
(Lisa Kidman) wrote:

Thanks Dale, but this companies does not offer precision cut genuine
colour gemstones
and I can't purchase anything from their websites.

Usual story for a gem traders: a lot of talking and poor quality
website where you can't buy a thing...

this may well be what you find among the better gem traders. The web, despite
it's high profile, is not that commonly where a jeweler would look for fine
stones, nor is it common for the REAL gem traders to do much business there.
The REAL dealers, those who really are interested in fine goods sold wholesale
only within the trade (ie to jewelers, not the public), don't actually want the
public visibility the web would give them. Their normal customers also probably
don't use the web to find them. Jewelers would normally use trade directories,
or trade magazines to find such advertising, or would visit the major gem shows
to find new contacts if they cannot find them through word of mouth references.
Among other things, the more economical gem dealers will often have quite
varying inventories, and security concerns that make them want to remain
generally anonymous to the public. Both those concerns rule out web sites or
nice glossy catalogs.

I'd suggest getting a current copy of Lapidary Journal, and perusing the ads
therein. Or, do the same with the ads in back of the various trade magazines,
JC-K, modern jeweler, AJM, and the like. And expect to use the telephone, not
the web. The web may be a wonderful and effortless way to research things and
find public information, but there is a very large body of information and
business activity that still prefers to do things the old way.

Hope that helps.

Peter Rowe

Old October 23rd 03, 04:05 PM
Andrei Vesselovski

"Peter W. Rowe" pwrowe@ixDOTnetcomDOTcom wrote in message
this may well be what you find among the better gem traders. The web,

despite
it's high profile, is not that commonly where a jeweler would look for

fine
stones, nor is it common for the REAL gem traders to do much business

there.

Not true! Time is changing. I can name a few websites which belongs to the
REAL
traders and who trades successfully online.

The REAL dealers, those who really are interested in fine goods sold

wholesale
only within the trade (ie to jewelers, not the public), don't actually

want the
public visibility the web would give them. Their normal customers also

probably
don't use the web to find them. Jewelers would normally use trade

directories,
or trade magazines to find such advertising, or would visit the major gem

shows
to find new contacts if they cannot find them through word of mouth

references.
Among other things, the more economical gem dealers will often have quite
varying inventories, and security concerns that make them want to remain
generally anonymous to the public.

Not true again. Any serious website which trades gems online, usually
offers
a member area and special price structure for large buyers.

I'd suggest getting a current copy of Lapidary Journal, and perusing the

therein. Or, do the same with the ads in back of the various trade

magazines,
JC-K, modern jeweler, AJM, and the like. And expect to use the telephone,

not
the web. The web may be a wonderful and effortless way to research things

and
find public information, but there is a very large body of information and
business activity that still prefers to do things the old way.

How sad Give it a few years, and folks who trade gems over the phone
will be out
of business.

Best Regards
Andrei Vesselovski

Old October 23rd 03, 04:05 PM
Andrei Vesselovski

Hi,

Do you know anybody ( apart of Siginity and all Swarovski related
companies) who offers machine cut colour graded calibrated precious
sapphires blue, yellow, pink and rubies or maybe some semiprecious
gems?

Yes, you can purchase machine cut gems from http://ww.echinastone.com.
They offer rubies, sapphires and you can place custom order for some
semiprecious stones. According to Jewellery New Asia magazine they use
similar German computerised machinery which used by Swarovski.
And if you buy from their website ( www.echinastone.com), you can order
free cutting quality sample.

Actually, I heard a rumors that Signity buying some of machine cut stones
from them. Could be true. They offer same quality, but at half price :-)

Best Regards
Andrei Vesselovski

Old October 26th 03, 05:53 AM
The Light

Hi,

I am looking for the precision cut genuine colour gemstones or what
they call machine cut gemstones. ( I know about Signity and they
mostly sell synthetics)

Do you know anybody ( apart of Siginity and all Swarovski related
companies) who offers machine cut colour graded calibrated precious
sapphires blue, yellow, pink and rubies or maybe some semiprecious
gems?

Hello Lisa;

Great alternative to Signity precision cut gemstones are the Natural
GEMETRICS (tm) by www.Creativegem.com

Rouben
Old October 27th 03, 06:16 AM
Lisa Kidman

(The Light) wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I am looking for the precision cut genuine colour gemstones or what
they call machine cut gemstones. ( I know about Signity and they
mostly sell synthetics)

Do you know anybody ( apart of Siginity and all Swarovski related
companies) who offers machine cut colour graded calibrated precious
sapphires blue, yellow, pink and rubies or maybe some semiprecious
gems?

Hello Lisa;

Great alternative to Signity precision cut gemstones are the Natural
GEMETRICS (tm) by
www.Creativegem.com

Rouben

Hi,

What is so great about them? They do not offer machine cut gemstones
and it's hard to get any useful price information due many errors,
such as:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'
/gem_deals/includes/redirect.asp, line 144

Pictures are bad as well. I don't want to buy from them, but thank you
for an advice.

BTW, I already found and bought what I need at www.echinstone.com.
This guys are really good and I am very impressed with their website service.

Lisa K
Old October 27th 03, 06:16 AM
Lisa Kidman

"Andrei Vesselovski" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Do you know anybody ( apart of Siginity and all Swarovski related
companies) who offers machine cut colour graded calibrated precious
sapphires blue, yellow, pink and rubies or maybe some semiprecious
gems?

Yes, you can purchase machine cut gems from http://ww.echinastone.com.
They offer rubies, sapphires and you can place custom order for some
semiprecious stones. According to Jewellery New Asia magazine they use
similar German computerised machinery which used by Swarovski.
And if you buy from their website ( www.echinastone.com), you can order
free cutting quality sample.

Actually, I heard a rumors that Signity buying some of machine cut stones
from them. Could be true. They offer same quality, but at half price :-)

Best Regards
Andrei Vesselovski

Thanks Andrei, that's what I need. I already placed an order there...

Lisa K
Old October 28th 03, 04:43 AM
The Light

Hello Lisa;

Great alternative to Signity precision cut gemstones are the Natural
GEMETRICS (tm) by www.Creativegem.com

Pictures are bad

whatever you say lisa..... IMHO their pictures are GREAT and I find it
really rare that their gemstones are not photoshop treated as the
website you pointed out.... wish you good luck

Rouben