Regency House Party (PBS)

Old November 11th 04, 07:23 PM
Karen C - California

Default Regency House Party (PBS)

In the episode that was shown last night, the women were going to spend four
hours in the house doing needlework while the men went out doing something
else. Well, we saw the *empty* fabric in the floor hoop, and we saw the lovely
colors of silks being unfolded from their wrapping, but we did not see one bit
of needlework being done, only the grousing about being confined to the house
while the guys got to do something fun.

OK, ladies, I'm confining you ALL to my sitting room for four hours this
afternoon to do needlework, and the first one to *itch about being confined to
the house with stitching gets the stitching equivalent of tarred and feathered
-- we slather you with melted chocolate and then roll you in orts and dust
bunnies!

Sorry, Fred and Gary, *you* have to go out tromping through the wilderness with
the menfolk. *You're* allowed to *itch about it.

--
Finished 9/24/04 - Quilt Show
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old November 11th 04, 11:25 PM
Parrotfish

"Karen C - California" wrote
respectfully snipped
OK, ladies, I'm confining you ALL to my sitting room for four hours this
afternoon to do needlework, and the first one to *itch about being

confined to
the house with stitching gets the stitching equivalent of tarred and

feathered
-- we slather you with melted chocolate and then roll you in orts and dust
bunnies!

Nooooooo, what a waste of chocolate !
Use Marmite instead, and send the choccie to me..... )
--
Regards...........P-f

Old November 12th 04, 04:06 AM
Rachel Janzen

Karen C - California wrote:

OK, ladies, I'm confining you ALL to my sitting room for four hours this
afternoon to do needlework, and the first one to *itch about being confined to
the house with stitching gets the stitching equivalent of tarred and feathered
-- we slather you with melted chocolate and then roll you in orts and dust
bunnies!

Well today is Remembrance Day in Canada and I had the day off work. As
part of the Week of Remembrance on the History Channel they were showing
a 6 part documentary on Canadians in WWII (For King and Country, by the
same people who did For King and Empire about Canadians in WWI, for
those who are curious). I designated those six hours as stitching time.
Wow, can you get a lot done, even when the frogs visit a little too
frequently.

Now, I'm hanging out with my 15 and 16 year old cousins. They are
playing video games etc. While I cross stitch or check on you guys. I
guess I should make up beds for them and go to bed myself. I do have to
work tomorrow.

Rachel

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY David Chapman Doll Houses 1 January 1st 04 11:57 PM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM
Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM