Batting Strips

Old October 26th 05, 03:47 PM
dogmom

Default Batting Strips

No, not baseball related G; I just discovered that skinny leftover strips
of batting make excellent stuffing for small ladybug feet. ( I suppose if
she weren't small, she wouldn't be a lady!) (guess that means I'd qualify as
an old broad bug! but that's another topic, and off!)

I knew this is the quilting info y'all just *had* to have today!

Dogmom

Old October 26th 05, 04:05 PM
C & S

Yeppers, I use them to stuff dolls. I put an old blade in the rotary
cutter, use an old ruler and cut away tiny strips and recut cross wise
without using a ruller. They make a nice pillow beds for dolls too. DD
made one.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

Old October 26th 05, 04:42 PM
Debra

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:47:41 GMT, "dogmom"
wrote:

No, not baseball related G; I just discovered that skinny leftover strips
of batting make excellent stuffing for small ladybug feet. ( I suppose if
she weren't small, she wouldn't be a lady!) (guess that means I'd qualify as
an old broad bug! but that's another topic, and off!)

I knew this is the quilting info y'all just *had* to have today!

Dogmom

Mom buts left over strips next to each other, stitches them together,
and uses that for batting in place mats, WH, pillow tops, and other
small quilted items. If they are too skinny to stitch together she
uses them to fill pillows and other things.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 26th 05, 06:02 PM
Tricia

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
===
I did, very nice =)

T.

Old October 27th 05, 01:32 AM
Polly Esther

If I'm doing lots of appliqué by the "back, clip and turn" method (one I
think is as sturdy as you get), I like to put a strip of batting in my lap.
All the little snips and clips cling to it instead of me and the floor. If
an occasion calls for lots of tidying up of threads, I put a little square
of batting on my shoulder and just brush the clipped threads on the batt.
And - just one more - I keep the carrying handle of my SM raised up. I have
a strip of batting wrapped around it and held firmly with a rubber band.
It's a good place to keep my poker (a corsage pin), a couple of straight
pins and still leaves room for more thread clippings.
Our vacuum cleaner gets really cranky with threads snaking around the
floor brushes and I try to catch all of them that I can. Polly

Old October 27th 05, 02:25 AM
Taria

I got a new vacuum a few months ago Polly. That thing loves threads
well enough but it viciously attacked the cord to DD's headphones
yesterday! I told DH I could be in a commercial to sell that
thing. My old vacuum was cranky too. It lives at the desert house
in semi-retirement and is much happier.
TAria

Old October 27th 05, 02:52 AM
C & S

That's a great suggestion. Could you explain what "poker (corsage pin0" is?
I have not a clue.

Carole
Champlain, NY

ink.net...

Old October 27th 05, 04:04 AM
Debra

On 26 Oct 2005 10:02:01 -0700, "Tricia"
wrote:

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
===
I did, very nice =)

T.

Thanks!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 27th 05, 04:05 AM
Debra

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:32:33 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

If I'm doing lots of appliqué by the "back, clip and turn" method (one I
think is as sturdy as you get), I like to put a strip of batting in my lap.
All the little snips and clips cling to it instead of me and the floor. If
an occasion calls for lots of tidying up of threads, I put a little square
of batting on my shoulder and just brush the clipped threads on the batt.
And - just one more - I keep the carrying handle of my SM raised up. I have
a strip of batting wrapped around it and held firmly with a rubber band.
It's a good place to keep my poker (a corsage pin), a couple of straight
pins and still leaves room for more thread clippings.
Our vacuum cleaner gets really cranky with threads snaking around the
floor brushes and I try to catch all of them that I can. Polly

Oh Polly, what great ideas you have. I especially like the SM handle
one. I never can find the pincushion when I need it while sewing.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 27th 05, 04:07 AM
Debra

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:25:04 GMT, Taria
wrote:

I got a new vacuum a few months ago Polly. That thing loves threads
well enough but it viciously attacked the cord to DD's headphones
yesterday! I told DH I could be in a commercial to sell that
thing. My old vacuum was cranky too. It lives at the desert house
in semi-retirement and is much happier.
TAria

I snatched the wires right off my headphones with my vacuum just last
week. Luckily for me DH had another set handy.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at