Another Quilt Comes Home

Old October 26th 05, 10:26 AM
Sharon Harper

Default Another Quilt Comes Home

Earlier this year it was my Nanna's quilt that came home with me. It was
the first Round Robin I'd participated in and I was so thrilled with it.
I'd put a wide border on it with PP cornerstones and it looked just swish.
I knew Nan would love it so I gave it to her when I saw her last year. Then
it came home and is currently being used by my DD1 on her bed (winter has
been a bit chilly).

Today I found out that my late adored Pop's quilt will be coming home to me.
Since his passing a few years ago it had been put into a cupboard, fondled
no doubt by my Nanna, but all but forgotten since she joined him. My uncle
wanted neither of them, and I quite understand - he's just not quilty. I
thought mum may have wanted them but no. So....

Because Pop's was a lap quilt and only tied (I had to get it finished quick
smart and if you remember the story I worked almost non stop on this thing)
I thought I may pull it apart and put on a few borders and maybe make it
into queen bed size and then quilt it. D'ya think Pop would approve?

quicker)

Old October 26th 05, 10:58 AM
Sally Swindells

Sure he would thrilled to think that 'his' quilt was being loved, and
included in something you would love extra-specially too.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old October 26th 05, 12:42 PM
Cheryl in Oz

I am sure he would be both proud and pleased.

--

Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau

u...

Old October 26th 05, 01:38 PM
Pat in Virginia

I think your Pop would be thrilled to know the quilt is providing
comfort, on all sorts of levels, to another generation of his
family.
HUGS, PAT

Old October 26th 05, 01:55 PM
Patti S

Not only do I think he'd approve, I think, somewhere, he's grinning from
ear to ear.
hugz
Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old October 26th 05, 02:43 PM
nana2b

Just think of Pop's Quilt as an unfinished work in progress. What better
way to remember him than to see the quilt everyday on a bigger bed. Linda
in Tx

Old October 26th 05, 02:54 PM
Taria

I'm sure pop would approve Sharon. Glad it is being liberated
from the cupboard. Hope it brings you some memories of happy
times with him.
Hugs, TAria

Old October 26th 05, 05:39 PM
Polly Esther

Do you have some of the fabrics from his quilt left? You could ease them
into the borders, and there are some wonderful border books. I would
recommend the one I have to you but it's down the lane helping a neighbor.
Polly

Old October 27th 05, 09:49 PM
Sharon Harper

Default Another Quilt Comes Home - Thanks y'all

I had a feeling of what you guys would say and it pretty much agreed with
what I thought. They're up there laughing themselves silly because Sharon's
worried about cutting up a quilt to make it bigger. Yes somewhere in the
depths of The Desk lurks more of the fabrics I used in it (this was in the
days before I knew how to calculate yardage and figured more was definitely
better - still true, but not to such an extent!!) so I'll be able to
incorporate.

Thanks heaps

quicker)

t...