Shrugs/Vogue Knitting

Old August 24th 05, 01:30 PM
DA

Default Shrugs/Vogue Knitting

In the Fall 2005 issue of Vogue Knitting on page 63 is the picture of
shrug/jacket which I find quite interesting. It is knit circular with the
sleeves picked up and knit downward to the cuff. Is there anyone else that
plans on trying the idea?
DA

--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to

Old August 24th 05, 05:47 PM
Shillelagh

"DA" wrote in message news:0MZOe.78$hp.14@lakeread08...
In the Fall 2005 issue of Vogue Knitting on page 63 is the picture of
shrug/jacket which I find quite interesting. It is knit circular with the
sleeves picked up and knit downward to the cuff. Is there anyone else

that
plans on trying the idea?
DA

Yes, I'd love to try it. Isn't that such an interesting style? I'm going
to go stash diving to see if I have any yarn I could use that would be
suitable. ;)

Shelagh

Old August 24th 05, 06:06 PM
DA

Yes, I'd love to try it. Isn't that such an interesting style? I'm going
to go stash diving to see if I have any yarn I could use that would be
suitable. ;)

Shelagh

I am not sure that I like the floats brought to the front, I have a couple
of large hanks of hand dyed yarn that may work. Do you think that it would
be pretty just knit plain from Noro yarns? Don't really care for the loopy
mohair used as an edge either. I do love the idea that it can be worn
either way.
DA

Old August 24th 05, 09:42 PM
Shillelagh

"DA" wrote in message news:GO1Pe.89$hp.85@lakeread08...

Yes, I'd love to try it. Isn't that such an interesting style? I'm

going
to go stash diving to see if I have any yarn I could use that would be
suitable. ;)

Shelagh

I am not sure that I like the floats brought to the front, I have a couple
of large hanks of hand dyed yarn that may work. Do you think that it

would
be pretty just knit plain from Noro yarns? Don't really care for the

loopy
mohair used as an edge either. I do love the idea that it can be worn
either way.
DA

(smile) - don't forget - you can do anything you want. When you speak of
Noro yarns, are you talking about their variegated or a plain colour?
Personally, I love variegated yarns, so it's really up to you how you want
to do it. If you don't like the loopy mohair, how about one of the eyelash
yarns? Especially if you use a plain colour for the shrug, then used a
variegated eyelash for the edge. Let us know what you decide.. and good
luck!

Shelagh

Old August 25th 05, 01:43 AM
DA

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

[...]

I swatched the center today with some left over Noro (variegated) and I
really like the way it looked. The colors swirl outward in a spiral. I
will wait for Stitches to pick up the yarn, that way I can see all the
colors in the yarn and maybe choose a solid color and fringe the edges.

DA

Old August 25th 05, 05:12 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Wow Shelagh that souunds great ,,, i have for some years drooled over
a sweater that is also knitted in circles inside and that out sides to
the sleeves , haven`t done it yet ,,,, i think ?????? KNITTer` had
something similar ????am not sure at all .
mirjam

Old August 25th 05, 05:49 PM
Shillelagh

"DA" wrote in message news:xu8Pe.130$hp.20@lakeread08...
I swatched the center today with some left over Noro (variegated) and I
really like the way it looked. The colors swirl outward in a spiral. I
will wait for Stitches to pick up the yarn, that way I can see all the
colors in the yarn and maybe choose a solid color and fringe the edges.

DA

You lucky duck - you're going to Stitches????? I am GREEN with envy. Which
one are you going to? Please report back on the yarns you buy for this
project, and once it's done, we MUST see pictures (grin).

Shelagh

Old August 25th 05, 05:51 PM
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Wow Shelagh that souunds great ,,, i have for some years drooled over
a sweater that is also knitted in circles inside and that out sides to
the sleeves , haven`t done it yet ,,,, i think ?????? KNITTer` had
something similar ????am not sure at all .
mirjam

I don't always buy the magazines unless there is something in them I would
eventually knit. Have you seen the fall Vogue Knitting yet? This issue is
worth buying, just for this shrug alone. However, there are also 2 or 3
shawl patterns in it that are gorgeous. ;)

Shelagh

Old August 25th 05, 09:03 PM
DA

"DA" wrote in message news:xu8Pe.130$hp.20@lakeread08...
I swatched the center today with some left over Noro (variegated) and I
really like the way it looked. The colors swirl outward in a spiral. I
will wait for Stitches to pick up the yarn, that way I can see all the
colors in the yarn and maybe choose a solid color and fringe the edges.

DA

You lucky duck - you're going to Stitches????? I am GREEN with envy.
Which
one are you going to? Please report back on the yarns you buy for this
project, and once it's done, we MUST see pictures (grin).

Shelagh

Stitches East. Haven't missed one yet. One must feed the addiction. I
have web space, so I will be glad to post pictures. This will probably be an
after Christmas project as ideas for gifts are already nagging at me. LOL
I will shop for you at Stitches, so you will be there in spirit.

DA

Old August 29th 05, 03:54 AM
Shillelagh

"DA" wrote in message news:YtpPe.179$hp.97@lakeread08...
Stitches East. Haven't missed one yet. One must feed the addiction. I
have web space, so I will be glad to post pictures. This will probably be

an
after Christmas project as ideas for gifts are already nagging at me. LOL
I will shop for you at Stitches, so you will be there in spirit.

DA

Aaaaaaah, thank you. I live in Canada and have dreams of attending a
Stitches show on the west coast.... sometime in the future - after I win a
lottery (snicker).

However, this summer I was in Colorado for a knitting camp and did get to
attend the Yarn Barn at the Estes Park Fiber Festival. That was FUN. I
could have spent a fortune, but just looked at everything.

Shelagh