Monsterslayer / Beadalon question

Old July 27th 03, 04:48 PM
mĒdcĒt

Default Monsterslayer / Beadalon question

I'm hovering, hovering, hovering over the monsterslayer.com catalogue,
but I have a question...

They have "clear" beadalon thread (of various stiffnesses). Like,
steel is *opaque*, so how can it be "clear"? Do they mean "clear
plastic coating", so you end up with a silvery thread? I'm
confused...

I want to try some beadalon after reading the glowing reports here.
I've only used (Oz-made) tigertail before. I have some really lovely
jade chips and I want to use something a little more "classy" to
string them on.

Also, thumbs up for monsterslayer? I'm considering an order (to
Australia). I'd love to hear feedback from others outside the US
w.r.t service & cost.
Old July 27th 03, 09:47 PM
Carol in SLC

Do they mean "clear plastic coating", so you end up with a silvery thread?

Yes, that's it exactly. Personally, I much prefer SoftFlex over Beadalon.
Beadalon might not kink like the old Tigertail, but it *does* kink - especially
when you are finishing a piece off.

Monsterslayer (550 Silver) is a GREAT source for silver wire and lots of other
things. I have done business with them many times and can definitely recommend
them!

Carol in SLC
My eBay auctions:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...include=0&user
id=celestialbeads&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1
Old July 28th 03, 01:59 AM
Kandice Seeber

I agree with this. And clear just means you can see through to the wire.
Unfortunately, they don't have clear that you can see all the way through -
at least not with covered wire. Soft Flex is the best in my opinion.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 28th 03, 02:44 AM
MaryJLind

I would say thumbs up to Monsterslayer, thumbs down to Beadalon. JMHO.
Old July 28th 03, 04:26 AM
Valerie

I want to try some beadalon after reading the glowing reports here.
I've only used (Oz-made) tigertail before.

I've used Beadalon, and had it kink on me. SoftFlex and SoftTouch are the way
to go, far superior IMO. But then again, I like and use Spiderwire for
stringing too.

Also, thumbs up for monsterslayer? I'm considering an order (to
Australia). I'd love to hear feedback from others outside the US
w.r.t service & cost.

I'd like to know as well. I just placed an order with them tonight (it hasn't
been processed yet).

Valerie

another question 7/25 Christina Peterson Beads 3 July 27th 03 09:02 AM
question regarding an AD marisa2 Beads 2 July 16th 03 04:47 PM
Another question.... Question about Beading Thread Ken Knecht Beads 3 July 16th 03 06:24 AM
Moretti Glass question bluemaxx Beads 20 July 12th 03 11:12 PM
Another question..... SmartAlecBlonde4 Beads 2 July 6th 03 06:12 AM