So what are you all working on?

Old April 3rd 13, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default So what are you all working on?

Any way we can see a photo of the dragon?
I acquired a stack of curtain samples some time ago, and really
believe they are propagating in the depths of the cupboard. Took them
out the other day and used some for a bag, and the pile was definitely
larger than before! I bet some of mine are uglier than yours :-)
Roberta in D

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 22:55:43 +0000 (UTC), NightMist
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:33:36 -0700, Flossy wrote:

I'm in a bit of a phase so I have been doing everything.

A couple of weeks ago I baked one of these:

http://www.food.com/recipe/esterhazy...nitten-almond-
meringue-slices-431349

Then kiri's gallbladder had a fit so she didn't get so much as a lick of
frosting.
Surgery is scheduled in a few weeks.

Since then I have been baking loads of low fat oatmeal themed things,
bread, muffins, cookies. Took a break from oatmeal for Italian Easter
Egg bread. I had thought to do Greek this year, I actually have the
mahlep and the mastic, but it takes a load of butter whereas the Italian
takes just a bit of olive oil. I don't think the family cares much which
I make, it vanished in record time.

I am approaching the last round of starts for the garden. Had bad luck
with hot peppers this year, nothing but a couple of hot paprikas deigned
to germinate.
Today I got a meyer lemon tree and a key lime tree in the mail. I've
been wanting to try those indoors, but never got around to ordering
them. Checked with the company, anonymous gift. So I happily potted
them up and figure my mysterious beneficiary will eventually come out of
the woodwork.

Today I've combed about a pound of wool out with a comb and hackle made
of 16d and 8d nails. As I nurse my blisters I am hoping that deity sends
the proper tools to a yard sale near me.

I have nearly completed some curtains for the over sized window in my
workroom. A red and white Kentucky chain against a background of mixed
colours (but no red and white). Just odd bobs of assorted drapery weight
fabrics that have come into my possession over the years. I shudder to
think that some soul out there has some of these as major decor points.
I have scraps of blobby green and blue flowers on ecru, and the same
flowers in gold and brown on another scrap. I have this image in my head
of somebody using one to cover a couch and the other to cover matching
chairs in a room with mustard colored drapes. The image probably came
into my head because they were folded up with some mustard colored faux
shantung.

Oh, and a friend asked for a "grown-up dragon sweater". So I designed
one and I am almost done knitting it. Seriously, if you know how to
quilt and also how to knit, designing knit colorwork is pretty easy.

NightMist

Old April 3rd 13, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 13:41:25 +0200, Roberta wrote:

Any way we can see a photo of the dragon? I acquired a stack of curtain
samples some time ago, and really believe they are propagating in the
depths of the cupboard. Took them out the other day and used some for a
bag, and the pile was definitely larger than before! I bet some of mine
are uglier than yours :-) Roberta in D

Pictures are in the plan. If I cannot get DH to help with that, the guy
I am making it for will.

It is dragons plural.
I just took a yolked pattern and smacked dragons onto it.

Looks like I may be doing a heck of a lot more knitting than quilting in
the near future.
I woke up this morning with a bulge the size of a baseball pushing out
right next to my surgical scar. I poked it back in, and rang the GP.
Appointments from here to Buffalo over the next couple of weeks, and a 10
pound lifting limit along with orders to take it easy until further
notice. DH has scolded me for hefting around potting soil when I planted
my trees, and DD3 has sworn to be my garden slave this season.
I shall have to rummage in my drawer and see if I can find those spanx
sorta things DD2 bought me for her wedding. They ought to help keep my
insides in.

NightMist
--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old April 3rd 13, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"NightMist" ...

Goodness NM I sure hope you knot stays away! You take care of yourself, you
hear?

Barbara in Florida, zoom to be back in SC

Old April 4th 13, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

In article , Roberta@Home
says...

Lots of things at once. The one thing I am determined to finish soon
is the result of a take-along bag of little triangle blocks. Each one
has 16 60-degree patches, each about 1.5" tall, to make up a totally
scrappy 60-degree triangle about 4.5" tall. I've been carting these
around on trips for years now, have about 300 done, and I'm sewing
them into 35 6-point stars on a white background. Each star needs 9 of
them (6 points, 3 for the center alternating with 3 plain white). It's
turning into a huge quilt, even though I promised myself I would never
make another really big one. Sigh. they just don't listen!
Roberta in D

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:33:36 -0700 (PDT), Flossy
wrote:

Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

Nothing at the moment I'm afraid! Lots of sorting out to do here +
learning this new computer; but then I have high hopes.
Old April 4th 13, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 18/03/2013 07:33, Flossy wrote:
Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

I am finishing up a penguin that stands about 21" tall. Tristan calls
him "Pingu" and fell in love with him before I could get the feet or
wings on! I finished the feet and sewed them on today.... he was
dubious that this would improve the look, but he had a great big smile
when I handed him back!

Tomorrow is the wings. It will turn his flightless bird into... a
flightless bird that can swim underwater. The pair of them keep sliding
down the hallway on their bellies. They're both getting filthy!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old April 5th 13, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ramona Walker

As usual, I've got more tops pieced or partially done than I have
projects ready to finish! Lately, I pieced a few of the jelly roll
race strip tops to give the grandkids - lots of pinks for Veronica and
Vivian, and a red/white/blue sports theme for Vinnie.

The 30s quilt I've got to finish for my bed is taking a back seat. I
think I dread lifting it about because it is king size and heavy.
Plus, nothing should be done for pleasure until I clean the craft
room!!!!!

I got distracted - a lady at work had a bracelet from South America
that had been crocheted with cotton thread and then beaded with a
variety of interesting beads. I've now made about 6 in all colors.
Also, Veronica needed a solar system diorama that we made together - I
did get to use use fabric (dark blue with silver stars) for the
background!! Moni

Old April 6th 13, 10:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

OOH, spanx, sounds kinky :-) but they are RIGHT about the lifting! And
thank goodness for knitting, which goes so well in doctor waiting
rooms. Sigh -get better soon!
Roberta in D