Subversiv syslöjd rides again!

Old December 13th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Diana

Default Glove pattern request (was Subversiv syslöjd rides again!)

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Diana" wrote in

...and my daughter has Reynauds. Her gloves have to fit
well but absolutely not be too tight, be of wool or other
natural fiber (synthetic yarn gloves can actually be colder
than bare fingers!) and she needs lots of 'em. I need a
pattern that will work with yarn of all sizes.

the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd has a glove
pattern, any size, any yarn,any gauge. i use it all the time
for my open finger gloves
lee

Thank you, Lee.

I looked it up on Amazon...and bought it. I'll let you know in a few days
how much I love it!

Old December 13th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gerald & Donna McIntosh

"Diana" wrote in message

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Diana" wrote in

...and my daughter has Reynauds. Her gloves have to fit
well but absolutely not be too tight, be of wool or other
natural fiber (synthetic yarn gloves can actually be colder
than bare fingers!) and she needs lots of 'em. I need a
pattern that will work with yarn of all sizes.

the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd has a glove
pattern, any size, any yarn,any gauge. i use it all the time
for my open finger gloves
lee

Thank you, Lee.

I looked it up on Amazon...and bought it. I'll let you know in a few days
how much I love it!
It's a very good book, made the gloves (for DD1) , and several pairs of
mittens for charity,

and socks too!..

Donna in S. Indiana

Old December 14th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

Default Subversiv syslöjd rides again!

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Diana" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Richard Eney" wrote

From looking at Wiki articles, I notice a place where they will mark
an article "unsupported" and remove it if the statements aren't
supported
by published references. If you can send them the information that the
Times apologized and are paying you for the use of the photo, especially
if the Times published an apology (which they ought to have, though it
might be on page umpteen in tiny type); that would be published proof
to cite.

I've no idea if there was an apology, we don't get newspapers. We were
staying with some people who knew our interests and showed me the obit.
I knew immediately it was my picture :-) It was on the urging of others
that I contacted the Times.

To be honest I wasn't really bothered, it was only after I discovered
that lots of other magazines were using it and giving the wrong
attribution - including one of my publisher's - that I became irritated!

snip
I don't consult such general sources for information. When I want to know
something I rely on my own experience or consult peer reveiwed research.
It's the only reliable way.

It isn't just a matter of whether it bothers you. It bothered you enough
for you to complain, and the misattribution upset the Times's lawyers
enough so that they paid you. But if you let it stand in Wikipedia, then
you might lose the right to complain about the misuse and mislabeling of
that part of your work, that is, lose the copyright.

The fact that the Times acknowledged your right as the creator of the
photo should be enough to convince the editors at Wikipedia. It would
be wise to contact the other magazines that (inadvertently) stole your
work, because the more places it is misattributed, the more false support
Wiki will have for claiming it wasn't your work.

=Tamar

Old December 17th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Diana" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Richard Eney" wrote

From looking at Wiki articles, I notice a place where they will mark
[...]

I didn't actually complain :-)

I mailed to say that I was surprised to see my work being used without
attribution. the reply was an apology and a request for my postal address to
pass to their accounts department. It was all very polite, with no heat at
all. And too quick for lawyers to be involved.

But if you let it stand in Wikipedia, then
you might lose the right to complain about the misuse and mislabeling of
that part of your work, that is, lose the copyright.

The fact that the Times acknowledged your right as the creator of the
photo should be enough to convince the editors at Wikipedia. It would
be wise to contact the other magazines that (inadvertently) stole your
work, because the more places it is misattributed, the more false support
Wiki will have for claiming it wasn't your work.

shrug

I have the original negative etc. There's no doubt that it was my work, I
can provide proof of how it was used originally - back in 1990.

What you say though doesn't enamour me to Wiki :-)

Mary