Knitting Magazine advice

Old December 14th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LaundryGal

Default Knitting Magazine advice

Hi Scott,

If you end up running into a dead end with the magazine subscriptions,
you might try a knitting "package." Find a local yarn shop (hopefully
there's at least one) and ask one of the staff to help you put
together an inexpensive packet of knitting gifts -- a magazine issue
or two that looks cool, some notions (like some decorative stitch
markets or stoppers, needles with decorative ends, a journal for
recording projects, buttons, etc), and maybe a skein or two of neat
yarn (get help on that part particularly). Get a nice knitting bag to
stow it all in and top it with a gift certificate to that yarn shop.
She'll get a nice reminder every time she uses the items and gets to

Just an idea,

Sarah

On Dec 12, 3:37 am, ScottC wrote:
suzee wrote:
ScottC wrote:
Y? wrote:
hi Scott
Just wondering..If your friend reads these mags from time to time,
where is she buying her copies from? As it maybe a good idea to ask
the shop owner where he gets his subscription from, he may have an
address where you too can buy a years sub from.

Yeah, that's a possibility. She doesnt read any of them regularly, but
she's seen a few for sale in a local shop that's dedicated to
magazines. I didn't think the magazine store would be too keen on
helping find somwhere else from which to buy magazines, though!

Well check out the shop to see which ones they carry and get the contact
information from the magazines.

Yeah, I have the contact information for most of them; that's not a
problem. I just havent gotten any response yet... I'll wait and see.

Knitting Magazine advice ScottC Yarn 20 December 12th 07 08:37 AM
Sandra knitting magazine Sue W Yarn 7 January 21st 07 01:03 PM
knitting magazine on the web Bob Yarn 2 December 20th 06 12:09 AM
New knitting magazine Carol in TN Yarn 10 December 9th 05 01:25 AM
New UK Knitting Magazine - "Simply Knitting" Penny Gaines Yarn 5 April 6th 05 05:42 PM