Wedding quilt - Help me decide!

Old October 15th 05, 05:36 PM
DrQuilter

Default Wedding quilt - Help me decide!

I had to laugh when you said pink and brown are trendy and will go out
of style and be considered ugly in a few years:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69527270zurjWl

and more in this album:
http://community.webshots.com/album/69527164QwQPdJ

I didn't buy this quilt (way too expensive, and now the antique/junk
shop has closed) but I think it might be quite old.

extremevalues wrote:
"No real help from me. I don't do decisions these days. Polly "

Wonder Why?

Anyway, your post helps a lot!! I have been told not to do pink and
brown (which I was truely considering) since it is her wedding colors.
I guess it is too trendy, and will be looked upon as a UGLY in a few
years, but I figure a few years later it will be back in style again,
well maybe 20 or 30 years, but her kids or grandkids may like it....
Who cares?? Right! Maybe I'll post the Pink and brown things I have
done on EQ. Then you guys can see if they are UGLY now!

Carol in TX
Need Therapy? Make a quilt!

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old October 15th 05, 05:54 PM
Julia in MN

I saw a line of very nice brown and red prints in a quilt shop
yesterday. The floral prints were not what usually appeals to me, but I
liked the color combinations -- shades of brown and red; they were a bit
unusual, at least in combination. I think if I had been looking for
something for a somewhat major project, I might have considered them.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 15th 05, 06:03 PM
Pat in Virginia

Wendy:
I like those colors too ... in fact our guild speaker yesterday
showed a whole bunch of pink and chocolate quilts! But that
doesn't mean the bride will decorate with them. My MoH wore
Azalea Pink at my wedding, because she looked fantastic in the
dress. I liked the color for clothing, but I did not use it for
home decorating. In sum, what one likes for clothing has to do
with coloring, season, etc. What one likes for house is not
necessarily the same. JMO.
PAT

frood wrote:

I'm pretty much with BookBug and Danielle, but I'm intrigued by the wedding
colors. That's what I'd go for, partly because I'd have fun working with
those colors, and partly because, she must like them or they wouldn't be the
wedding colors!

For size, I'd either make a bed size, or a generous couch size - big enough
for 2 to snuggle under. (I typed "snuttle" the first time and that just
looked um.... naughty!)

Old October 15th 05, 06:49 PM
Julia in MN

Is she registered in a bridal registry anywhere? Sometimes you can get
some clues as to colors a couple plans to use in decorating from their
bridal registry.

Old October 16th 05, 06:06 AM
extremevalues

Asking her slyly sounds great, but I live in TX, she lives in VA, and
her wedding will be in IA. It's hard to get subtle hints being so far
apart!

I will take Julia's advice and check Target, Wal-mart, etc for registry
info. That would be way sly!

Carol in TX
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old October 16th 05, 06:15 AM
extremevalues

Dr Quilter said:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69527270zurjWl

and more in this album:
http://community.webshots.com/album/69527164QwQPdJ

Thanks for a peek at those photos!

I know what you mean. The old bubble gum pink and brown quilts from
the turn of the century are awesome, but how much later was it cool to
use pink and brown together? The 60s or 70s... It seems to me that
the color trends circle around much quicker than they used to though.
I love the 50s-70s stuff all of the bright geometrics. I am a rebel
though and always have been.

I know above all other choices scrappy or two colors would be the most
safe. But I like to live on the wild side!

Carol in TX
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old October 16th 05, 06:18 AM
extremevalues

This is another great idea! I have always wanted a Christmas quilt,
and hope to have mind done and ready to hang by November.... Oh my, I
better get to work! I have the top about 3/4 of the way done, but
haven't actually worked on it since January or February. I made it a
new years resolution, it could still happen....

Carol in Tx
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old October 16th 05, 11:37 PM
KittyG

It wouldn't be an odd question to ask, or have someone else ask. She would
know she is getting a present of some sort anyway.

But is this her first home? It might not be something she knows how she is
going to do yet. It depends on what you already have or are given. Over
time you keep what you want.

The registry would certainly help find out their tastes, but I wouldn't
worry too much. It's something that can change a lot over the years. And
quilts are forever. Right?

--
kitty in phx

http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee