any good instructional videos ?

Old December 9th 03, 12:59 PM
Beowulf

Default any good instructional videos ?

Any recommendations on instructional videos for using the wheel to throw
various forms? I notice that axner.com sells a number of videotapes, but
are they any good, since they are bit costly?

Old December 9th 03, 09:59 PM
Marmaj40

Robbin Hopper's videos are good.
Old December 9th 03, 10:00 PM
Diego

I found a number of videos and books from my local county library.
Of course, depending on where you live and how extensive your library
system is, you might find a gold mine like I did in Portland, Oregon.
Some were as boring as watching clay dry in December in the Northern
Hemisphere, but, they were somewhat informative.

Many potters associations collect videos and books and check them
out.

Diego

news

Old December 9th 03, 10:10 PM
wayneinkeywest

"Beowulf" wrote in message
news
Any recommendations on instructional videos for using the wheel to throw
various forms? I notice that axner.com sells a number of videotapes, but
are they any good, since they are bit costly?

The video I would recommend is by Bonnie Staffel.
You can order directly from her at
Bonnie staffel
13100 Campbell Court
Charlevoix, MI 49720

The video costs $25 plus shipping and handling (around $5 I think)

You can e-mail her directly at for more info

Hope that helps,
Wayne Seidl

Old December 13th 03, 03:04 PM
Slgraber

stephen jepson has a series of great videos from begining handbuilding thru
throwing & how to throw large pots. he also has a video of just various pieces
of pottery which has been great for general review & inspiration.

he usually has an add in ceramics monthly. world pottery institute or
something like that...

steve graber

Subject: any good instructional videos ?
From: Beowulf
Date: 12/9/2003 4:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
Any recommendations on instructional videos for using the wheel to throw
various forms? I notice that axner.com sells a number of videotapes, but
are they any good, since they are bit costly?

steve graber

Good Jewelry Night (not sure if this is OT) Marisa2 Beads 5 May 7th 04 04:12 PM
My good news Carol in SLC Beads 44 October 20th 03 11:15 PM
My good news Carol in SLC Beads 0 October 14th 03 02:44 PM
Some good news! Lee S. Billings Beads 7 July 4th 03 07:10 PM