What is going on with Micros**t?

Old October 25th 03, 08:01 AM
Piglet

Default What is going on with Micros**t?

It doesn't come from Microsoft; it's a virus sent by folks who, to say the
least, don't wish the folks in Redmond well.

If Microsoft could, by edict, end viruses, I'm sure they'd be happy to do
so.

--pig

On 10/23/03 11:10 PM, opined:

What the hell is going on with all this "Micro****" spam and bull****
attachments
and why the hell isn't Microsoft doing something about it.

I have to get myself a new email address every few weeks because my mailboxes
are overflowing with Micros**t spam and attachments.

Microsoft won't have a single customer left if they don't act soon.

Old October 25th 03, 01:18 PM
AliceW

I am an avid fan of TechTV and Leo Laporte who said on a recent show that
Microsoft is developing a new version of Windows that will have stronger
firewall capabilities built in and turned on as default. Right now, the XP
software comes with a built in firewall, but you physically have to turn it
on - which everyone who is running XP should do.

While I agree that Microsoft has to do what it can to make their OS safer to
use, the user also has to do their part to make sure they protect
themselves. There are five basic rules that every computer user should
follow:

Keep your OS updated, either manually or automatically
Use a firewall - Zone Alarm is free and works great
Use an antivirus program - Grisoft has a free one and works great
Backup your system at least weekly, and at least your documents folder
Don't open email attachments unless you are absolutely sure they are safe -
this is the primary way worms, viruses and trojans are transmitted.

......but that's just my opinion.
--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old October 25th 03, 02:53 PM
NightMist

Amen Ms Piglet!

BTB, Patricia who posted the original, is well known for nastiness in
a number of groups. Seems she has expanded her troublemaking
capabilities to trolling. The same message was sent out to dozens of
groups. It is possible that this is a joe job, she has certainly
offended enough people, but given the track record of the poster.....?

NightMist

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 07:01:49 GMT, Piglet
wrote:

It doesn't come from Microsoft; it's a virus sent by folks who, to say the
least, don't wish the folks in Redmond well.

If Microsoft could, by edict, end viruses, I'm sure they'd be happy to do
so.

--pig

On 10/23/03 11:10 PM, opined:

What the hell is going on with all this "Micro****" spam and bull****
attachments
and why the hell isn't Microsoft doing something about it.

I have to get myself a new email address every few weeks because my mailboxes
are overflowing with Micros**t spam and attachments.

Microsoft won't have a single customer left if they don't act soon.

--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?