Quilting Software

Old October 24th 03, 03:19 PM
Andrea

Default Quilting Software

Greetings,

I have been thinking about getting quilting software at some point in
the near future, so today's Simply Quilts was really timely.

I was wondering, for those of you who have it, what programs do you
like/dislike? Do you find the software really helpful in designing, or
do you find it constrains your creativity somewhat? What would you
recommend I get? Finally, if anyone knows, what program was she using?

-Andrea
Old October 24th 03, 07:33 PM
KittyG

I have Electric Quilt 5 Andrea and it is FABULOUS. The manual is well
organized and there are some instructional videos as well on disc so the
learning curve isn't that steep. It gives me flexibility and instant
feedback and gratification on design and color choices. The only thing I
wish this program had is random color swaps. I have used another program
with this option, and it let me break out of my usual color choices and see
new combinations, some of which I liked better. www.softexpressions.com has
a breakdown of all the current software with reviews, prices and demos.
It's a big investment so take your time and look around. In my opinion, EQ5
is the best out there but it just depends on what you are looking for.

kitty in phx
--
Remove "s" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old October 25th 03, 11:05 PM
shhdesigns

Hi Andrea
I have EQ5 and have enjoyed working my way through the exercises. I find
even if I haven't worked with the program for awhile I can usually figure it
out by myself and I'm not through all the exercises yet.
Good luck with whatever program you pick.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.