OT - You know it's spring when....

Old October 19th 03, 01:36 AM
Sharon Harper

8C is really warm here - in the depths of winter! LOL

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
I must have really adapted to the local weather... last night we went
for a walk downtown after helping a friend that broke his thumb ligament
while trying to learn how to sky assemble some furniture in his new
apartment. We thought it was really pleasant and warm.. then learnt it
was 8 degrees C, which at home would make people run for cover! )

Sharon Harper wrote:

Update here! Was talk of 19, just picked up the kidlets from kinder and
school and by the time I got from the school door to the car (a whopping
great 10 metres) it was like I'd just stepped out of the shower only I

was
fully dressed. As DD1 says "It's bucketing down".

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old October 20th 03, 05:48 AM
melinda

Sharon Harper wrote:
8C is really warm here - in the depths of winter! LOL

We had lovely weather in the Southern Highlands while we were there.
I had a 4 day reprieve from hayfever, no privet down there plenty
here though I really wish the local council would do something about
it.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 20th 03, 04:09 PM
nana2b

I know it is spring when the bunnies appear on the front lawn again! They
are so cute. When my dear QI Sterling passed away last March DH suggested
we go out for a few hours. I told him as we left, that the invisible sign
that indicates a vacancy at our house would be up and animals needing a home
would appear. We were gone about 3 hours and when we arrived there were 2
bunnies, a cat and a squirrel sitting on our front lawn. It brought a
smile. Linda

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old October 25th 03, 02:37 AM
Pati Cook

I hope it cools down soon.............. the State Fair has been miserable
with record heat here in Phoenix. You would think it the middle of June, not
October.
(It may cool down to the upper 80's by next week.)

Pati, in Phx

IMS wrote:

Isn't it just amazing that while some of us are dreading the coming cold
months, there are others in the world looking forward to sunnier days.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:00:01 +1000, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

You see a wild duck on the lawn outside the front door and go to say hello
only to discover her bending way forward and showing off about 8 babies!
Makes you go all smooshie!