Using pearl cotton #5

Old December 16th 04, 02:54 AM
Harry and Anita

Default Using pearl cotton #5

Okay, I know I have read this somewhere but right now I can't find it. When
I want to stitch with #5 cotton, do I separate the thread at all or use it
in one strand as it comes from the skein? I bought some Weeks Dye Works #5
Confetti to make a quick teacher ornament and suddenly drew a blank on
usage.

Thanks in advance for your help on this. I promise to write the directions
in my book this time.

Anita in Alaska

Old December 16th 04, 03:14 AM
Harry and Anita

Ruby,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Now I can stitch while the kids do
homework.

Anita in Alaska

Old December 16th 04, 04:11 AM
Phyllis Maurer

I agree - use as it comes from the skein. Also, be sure you don't work with
a really long thread, since pearl loses its sheen after a while.

Phyllis Maurer

Old December 16th 04, 09:23 AM
Harry and Anita

Thanks for the responses. I'm doing the Sekas & Co. Stained Glass ornie
from JCS Ornament issue from a few years back. It is working up quick and I
like how the colors are flowing. Might have to buy more and make some for
next year.

Anita in Alaska