Better Link To Angel of Healing Face

Old July 22nd 03, 05:59 AM
Ellice

Default Better Link To Angel of Healing Face

On 7/20/03 2:46 PM,"Pat Porter" posted:

"Sorceress" wrote in message
.com...
sunflower opined thusly:

Hey everyone - someone in the garden posted this link to a WAYYYY
better picture of the new design from Marilyn.

The link is:

http://www.stitchingbitsandbobs.com/...gi?LavenderAnd
Lace0LL57AngelOfHealing

Much better IMO!!! Although I find the pictures never do a piece
justice.

I don't care for it, and there is much to be critiqued about it. But all
in all, it's not so bad as far as the fantasy/angel genre goes. In fact,
I've seen much worse. Everyone has different tastes.

Regards
--Anne

Oh yes, we`ve certainly seen worse - but now I see what someone meant by
saying it looked like a vagina (waiting to pounce!) I couldn`t make the
picture enlarge enough to REALLY see it, unfortunately.

Personally, I still think the picture on the package is not a pretty face -
it's kind of scarey. But, as I said before, the rest of the design is nice,
not particularly different, definitely & clearly MLI style.

That said - 2 things - one would think that any business person would put
the best possible representation of their work on anything which advertises
that work. So, it behooves any designer to have good photos on their web
site, their packaging, etc. And, even more so when the designer is selling
retail from her own web-site -using that picture to procure sales of the
item. It's nice that Sarah found a more flattering picture, but, the basic
issue of the face being less than wonderful is still there. It is very harsh
looking. And, no one should be having to tell potential buyers, "oh, go look
at this shop's site - they have a better picture than the designer"

It's hard to be sure that your website is well done, and has good photos.
That's why people either too busy, or not skilled enough to do it well, hire
someone to write their site, and take the digi-pix.

2nd - My DH, who has been somewhat amused with my rambling thru this lengthy
thread, looked at the site last night. We looked at other MLI designs, he
remembered 1 that I have kitted up, and another in stash. He's been drafted
into helping in the LNS occasionally when I'm working, and is familiar
(amazing to me) with lots of designers. This might be as he's stuck
supporting me while the business is in it's infancy, and he's trying hard to
be supportive in more ways than financially. Anyhow, tonight, he came in to
the office and asked me to show him the MLI site again, and went to look at
the Angel of the Morning. Looked, walked out, came back with the Style
section of Sunday's (7/20) Washington post. There is a cover picture of a
painting by Carlo Dolci, called "The Penitent Magdalen" - it's illustration
for an article about the Da Vinci Code. Anyhow - the face, which shows much
inner agony, is incredibly similar to the face of Angel of the Morning,
though this great painting is much more detailed, and not harsh. But, the
similarity is noteable.

Anyone interested, you can still see this on the Washington Post web site,
this is the link to the article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Jul19.html

ellice

Old July 22nd 03, 06:03 AM
Ellice

On 7/21/03 10:20 AM,"Dr. Brat" posted:

animaux wrote:
Well, to be fair, I don't think Marilyn intended that! Just like Georgia
O'Keefe didn't intend her flowers to look like major vagina's.

The hell she didn't! (Georgia, that is)

I'm with you. Regardless of intent - her (Georgia's) use of color, and form
is amazing. It's mesmerizing to visit her paintings.

ellice