Stash experience

Old November 3rd 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Stash experience

I went to Colonial Needleworks and bought most of what I need for what I
(hope) are my next WIPS - The Flower Sampler, MawMaw's Quilt and The Earth
Laughs - all from M Designs. The first two are in Needlepoint Silk and the
last in Crescent Colors. I'll need some of silk that she doesnąt (make that
didn't) stock. I also nabbed Liz Turner Dahl's Teapot Garden and Fair
Daffodils (Blackbird Designs). I also nabbed my favorite Anchor Needles and
some WDW that caught my eye

The floss is quite diminished already.... Sigh!

Cheryl

Old November 4th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 11/3/06 5:04 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

I went to Colonial Needleworks and bought most of what I need for what I
(hope) are my next WIPS - The Flower Sampler, MawMaw's Quilt and The Earth
Laughs - all from M Designs. The first two are in Needlepoint Silk and the
last in Crescent Colors. I'll need some of silk that she doesnąt (make that
didn't) stock. I also nabbed Liz Turner Dahl's Teapot Garden and Fair
Daffodils (Blackbird Designs). I also nabbed my favorite Anchor Needles and
some WDW that caught my eye

LOL - you're not done yet - you have stuff coming in the mail, eh! Plus - I
learned a great term on the RCTQuilting group. "Squishie" - as in a package
with squishie stuff in the middle - like fabric. Of course, sending charts
isn't so squishie - but we ought to be able to come up with something!

The floss is quite diminished already.... Sigh!

You should come and go shopping with Donna & I, and we'll get Caryn, too.
We (me) had quite the floss & fiber experience at Needlewoman East, and
Scarlet Thread isn't far behind. Of course, for Gloriana then we have to go
to Stitchin' Pretty. Darn it. I now have to lay out what regular floss I
need to go with the great set of overdyes (silks & cotton) for my Pumpkins
being stitched on Autumn Blush. Now you made my not quite hungover head
think. Hmmmm. Must be a needlework shop up near rink taking DH to. I don't
need to watch the PEeWee game - just the big boy (U-18, AAA - DH in
Armbands) game - up in MD .

ellice

Old November 5th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/4/06 10:27 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 11/3/06 5:04 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

I went to Colonial Needleworks and bought most of what I need for what I
(hope) are my next WIPS - The Flower Sampler, MawMaw's Quilt and The Earth
Laughs - all from M Designs. The first two are in Needlepoint Silk and the
last in Crescent Colors. I'll need some of silk that she doesnąt (make that
didn't) stock. I also nabbed Liz Turner Dahl's Teapot Garden and Fair
Daffodils (Blackbird Designs). I also nabbed my favorite Anchor Needles and
some WDW that caught my eye

LOL - you're not done yet - you have stuff coming in the mail, eh! Plus - I
learned a great term on the RCTQuilting group. "Squishie" - as in a package
with squishie stuff in the middle - like fabric. Of course, sending charts
isn't so squishie - but we ought to be able to come up with something!

Hmmmm - still thinking on that! floss in an envelope does make a squishy
though!

The floss is quite diminished already.... Sigh!

You should come and go shopping with Donna & I, and we'll get Caryn, too.
We (me) had quite the floss & fiber experience at Needlewoman East, and
Scarlet Thread isn't far behind. Of course, for Gloriana then we have to go
to Stitchin' Pretty. Darn it. I now have to lay out what regular floss I
need to go with the great set of overdyes (silks & cotton) for my Pumpkins
being stitched on Autumn Blush. Now you made my not quite hungover head
think. Hmmmm. Must be a needlework shop up near rink taking DH to. I don't
need to watch the PEeWee game - just the big boy (U-18, AAA - DH in
Armbands) game - up in MD .

Both kids' teams lost yesterday - DD's to a team from the tier above us,
DS's to the #1 team in their tier. No open stash places near either
rink.....

Cheryl

Old November 5th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

[...]

Very true - so I guess charts are different but other stash is squishy.

The floss is quite diminished already.... Sigh!

You should come and go shopping with Donna & I, and we'll get Caryn, too.
We (me) had quite the floss & fiber experience at Needlewoman East, and
Scarlet Thread isn't far behind. Of course, for Gloriana then we have to go
to Stitchin' Pretty. Darn it. I now have to lay out what regular floss I
need to go with the great set of overdyes (silks & cotton) for my Pumpkins
being stitched on Autumn Blush. Now you made my not quite hungover head
think. Hmmmm. Must be a needlework shop up near rink taking DH to. I don't
need to watch the PEeWee game - just the big boy (U-18, AAA - DH in
Armbands) game - up in MD .

Both kids' teams lost yesterday - DD's to a team from the tier above us,
DS's to the #1 team in their tier. No open stash places near either
rink.....

Sorry about that. At least I got 2 skeins of some really nice Colinette
washable merino hand dyed wool to make a little something. I could not go
watch the PeeWee game. The U-18 game was good - chippy - definite issues
between the parents of the 2 clubs (Baltimore vs rich Montgomery County),
but the game ended up a tie, 8-8. Only one kid made me nervous, as he
clearly shaved more than the officials - and had a huge no doubt cubic
zirconia in his left ear. DH had to give 2 penalties to one of the goalies.
And then I had to suffer through the late night college game. At least at
the U-18s, the dad in the scorebox is dad of one of our young officials
(that I've known since reffin' him as a mite, and now is a sophmore at Case
Western).

Well, off to do some other shopping stuff. This morning we got training on
more gadgets for the election. Woo Hoo.

ellice

Old November 6th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Charts, packed in a large envelope, have a slide-y sound. Or is more of a
soft 'whoosh' .....

[...]

Have fun!