Miss Marples-knitting

Old December 29th 05, 11:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Miss Marples-knitting

I have watched quite a few of these films whilst knitting or crocheting, and
notice all the knitting this lady does, but have never seen her wearing
anything that was shown in a prev film of hers as her knitting project.
Shame as she obviously can knit, but didn't have the time to finish a
garment during the series she did. She must have had a box full of half
knitted things just for the films lol.

She wears some handknit shawls and cardigans though and I think we are meant
to presume she knitted them, as she portrays this sweet old lady who sits
and knits.

Shame we never got to see the finished projects though. I would have loved
to have seen them..lol

cher x

Old December 29th 05, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
k...
I have watched quite a few of these films whilst knitting or crocheting,
and notice all the knitting this lady does, but have never seen her wearing
anything that was shown in a prev film of hers as her knitting project.
Shame as she obviously can knit, but didn't have the time to finish a
garment during the series she did. She must have had a box full of half
knitted things just for the films lol.

She wears some handknit shawls and cardigans though and I think we are
meant to presume she knitted them, as she portrays this sweet old lady who
sits and knits.

Shame we never got to see the finished projects though. I would have
loved to have seen them..lol

cher x

Jane Hickson was my favorite Miss Marple, I have only seen a couple of the
new series. The first thing that I check for is to see if the actress is
truly knitting or just fumbling around with the needles and yarn, something
you see quite often in US produced TV shows.
A couple of things that you may find interesting, in All Creatures Great And
Small the sweaters worn by the cast were hand knitted items purchased at
jumble sales for the show. The Fair Isle vest worn by James and Tristan were
beautifully done and vintage knitting.
Alice Starmore was a costume designer for the BBC, she is the one who
mentioned use of vintage knitting in BBC productions in some article she
wrote on Fair Isle knitting.

DA

Old December 29th 05, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Cher ?
Do you think , she Actually knitted something ,,, even if she knew how
to knit , i think it was a PROP and was handed to her on the proper
moments when the script called for it
mirjam

Old December 29th 05, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Ummm '''jane''' Hickson??? I thought it was Joan, which is the one I liked
most too.

wonderful actress shame she is no longer with us.

news

Old December 29th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I've seen her knitting a very fine light green item adult sized sweater as
it had a rib on it. the same sort of size again in red in another film.
The last one I saw was with my friend George Baker in it, alot younger then
of course, and she was knitting a navy and white striped sweater, George who
played a detective in it, commented on it and she said it was for a nephew
of hers, first time I've ever known her refer to any of her knitting.

Ah well lol
higz......Cher

Old December 29th 05, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

-

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
Ummm '''jane''' Hickson??? I thought it was Joan, which is the one I
liked most too.

wonderful actress shame she is no longer with us.

Sorry, her name was Joan , she was what I had always imagined Miss Marple as
being. Perhaps the typo was an unconscious compliment to Joan's abilities?

DA

Old December 29th 05, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

LOL yes perhaps it was, it threw me for a minute had to go and look her
up...cos I know lots have acted as Miss Marple

I may try and get some of her films off of ebay

higz....Cher

-