OT Christmas Stamps

Old December 13th 03, 08:22 PM
CMM PDX2

Gwen wrote:

Monica I agree to "dream big' and sometimes those dreams
can come true.
You mention big ships - back in 1992 we were about to but our
air ticket to return to North America for another year when we
saw a special advertised and for an extra $160 (Australia
dollars) we could sail on the QE 11 from New York to South
Hampton - six days of luxury for $160 who could turn that
down !! We gad a great week to say the least.

::THUD:: Oh my, Gwen, *what* a bargain!! And what an experience that must have
been! How wonderful - I can imagine how you enjoyed it. Yep, I'll just have to
dream of something like that! g

Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old December 14th 03, 09:18 AM
G.Kelly

Yes indeed, Monica, it was a wonderful once in a lifetime thing - when we
saw the add in the paper we thought there had to be a catch and we phoned
the company and to our delight there was no catch at all - we just had to
use United Airlines and British Air which was OK by us ( since then we have
always used United anyway) and to add to the good deal when we confirmed it
in New York they told us that British Air had added a car hire deal for all
those on the QE 11 - it was just $15 a day and so we took it for two weeks
and toured England and Wales.

We must have been under a lucky star at that time because on our flight to
the USA on United we stopped to pick up passengers in New Zealand and they
asked if any one would volunteer to get off and we offered as one day is as
good as another to us and that meant they flew us first class the next day
and gave us each US $500 and with our exchange rate that paid for one of our
tickets on the next trip !! I cannot even now believe our luck at that
time.

God bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 14th 03, 09:50 AM
Ophelia

"G.Kelly" wrote in message
Yes indeed, Monica, it was a wonderful once in a lifetime thing - when we
saw the add in the paper we thought there had to be a catch and we phoned
the company and to our delight there was no catch at all - we just had to
use United Airlines and British Air which was OK by us ( since then we

have
always used United anyway) and to add to the good deal when we confirmed

it
in New York they told us that British Air had added a car hire deal for

all
those on the QE 11 - it was just $15 a day and so we took it for two weeks
and toured England and Wales.

Not Scotland????????????

Old December 14th 03, 02:35 PM
MouseCLP

and toured England and Wales.

Not Scotland????????????

[giggling] I'm sure they would've included Scotland if they'd known YOU were
there!

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC
Old December 14th 03, 02:43 PM
Ophelia

"MouseCLP" wrote in message
and toured England and Wales.

Not Scotland????????????

[giggling] I'm sure they would've included Scotland if they'd known YOU

were
there!

Ahh yes.... I forgot they didn't know... thank you Carol)))

Old December 14th 03, 02:48 PM
Ophelia

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
.. .
On 14 Dec 2003 14:35:51 GMT, MouseCLP wrote:

and toured England and Wales.

Not Scotland????????????

[giggling] I'm sure they would've included Scotland if they'd known YOU

were
there!

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

Funny how the mind works.... just jumping in here with my rambling
thoughts...
My Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) {and they are NOT miniature Collies!} - now
deceased (sniff, still)... her AKC full name was:
Jamesdaughter of Aberdeen
being a play on words, as our last name is jameson - get it -
jamesdaughter? and Aberdeen is a county in Scotland....
We just called her Abbey.
My cousin Renee's Sheltie (now also deceased, sniff) was a full neice of

MY
dog, and her AKC name was:
Abigail, neice of Aberdeen
They just called her Abi.
Aberdeen.... Scotland.....
Well, at least I have an on-line friend there!!!
sorry to ramble...
Noreen

LOL you certainly have.. not just me but Juliet and............. oh crumbs I
forgot sorry

Old December 14th 03, 03:10 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:48:36 -0000, Ophelia wrote:
snipped
"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote:

Aberdeen.... Scotland.....
Well, at least I have an on-line friend there!!!
sorry to ramble...
Noreen

LOL you certainly have.. not just me but Juliet and............. oh crumbs I
forgot sorry

LOL, Auntie O, you just made me UNsniff-sniff!!
Hugs,
Noreen

and now I've got a stupid earworm... to the tune of Abilene, Abiliene,
prettiest town, I've ever seen... only it's:
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, my friend O, lives somewhere near Aberdeen!

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 04:09 PM
Ophelia

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote:

Aberdeen.... Scotland.....
Well, at least I have an on-line friend there!!!
sorry to ramble...
Noreen

LOL you certainly have.. not just me but Juliet and............. oh

crumbs I
forgot sorry

LOL, Auntie O, you just made me UNsniff-sniff!!
Hugs,
Noreen

and now I've got a stupid earworm... to the tune of Abilene, Abiliene,
prettiest town, I've ever seen... only it's:
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, my friend O, lives somewhere near Aberdeen!

LOL

well nearer than you anyway

Old December 14th 03, 04:29 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote:

Aberdeen.... Scotland.....
Well, at least I have an on-line friend there!!!
sorry to ramble...
Noreen

LOL you certainly have.. not just me but Juliet and............. oh

crumbs I
forgot sorry

LOL, Auntie O, you just made me UNsniff-sniff!!
Hugs,
Noreen

and now I've got a stupid earworm... to the tune of Abilene, Abiliene,
prettiest town, I've ever seen... only it's:
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, my friend O, lives somewhere near Aberdeen!

LOL

well nearer than you anyway

LOL, just like I'm nearer to Nashville, the seat of country music than you!
Noreen
in central Tennessee, USA!
45 miles from Nashville...

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 15th 03, 08:23 AM
G.Kelly

No Ophelia - two weeks would not have allowed us to include Scotland - so
that came later in 1996 - and we spent a month there and wish we could have
had even more time - we hope that maybe one day we will go back. God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly