eggs and TLS

Old March 13th 05, 03:36 PM
Sarajane Helm

Default eggs and TLS

hi there! I've been playing with eggs in the last few months, and with the
new gold, silver and black liquid sculpey. Couple of interesting things I
found were that the colored tls versions are much thicker than the
clear/white tls, and only require one coat baked on an egg (Two for the
clear) to make it sturdy enough for careful decoration. Also, the gold and
silver mixed 1-1 and then mixed 1-1 with the clear makes a LOVELY skin tone
on an egg, that can then be drawn upon...I'm doing some very cool face eggs,
and should have pics in a week or so when the fiber hair and all is done!
Sarajane

Old March 13th 05, 06:45 PM
Diana Curtis

I cannot wait to see! I havent opened my first bottle of TLS yet, and so
wont know what youre talking about yet, but I am intrigued by eggs with
faces.
Diana

Old March 13th 05, 07:50 PM
Carla

I have a question (of course g) -

If you cover an egg with cane slices, how do you roll it to even
out/close up the seams without distorting the cane or breaking the
shell? The distortion part of the question applies, I guess, to
covering anything with cane slices.

Cheers,
Carla -just packed away all claystuff until after the move. I'm blue

Old March 13th 05, 08:43 PM
Diana Curtis

Awww the moving blues suuuuuck! My empathy going your way.
One way of avoiding cracking the egg is to put a thin layer of mud or scrap
clay on and bake the egg. Then apply the canes. What I have heard is that
rolling over the seams gently with a brayer, or the side of a pen. What I
have found is that since my cane slices are erratic in thickness shaving the
egg till the slices are uniform helps meld the seams. Then, sanding seems to
get past the smeared level a bit.
HTH, and you may come play with me and my clay till yours is unpacked.
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

ink.net...

Old March 13th 05, 09:32 PM
Sarajane Helm

oh, the tls is SOOOOOOO cool...you can mix pearlx powders or acrylic paints
with it, or use it stright....not only for transfers, but for things like
coating eggs for strength with very little weight. AND it provides excellent
"tooth" or drawing surface-ness for ease in using pens or pencils.
(oooops.....it appears I'm tempting you again doesn't it????)
Sarajane

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old March 13th 05, 09:35 PM
Sarajane Helm

you avoid distortion by being very very careful. A little force in one
direction should be followed by some in the opposite direction. Pressing
DOWN distorts less than pressing to the right or left. One thing to do is
roll out sheets of cane slices into"fabric". Or, place very equal slices
very carefully, fill in all holes, and smooth with a roller in little
incremental motions, being careful not to smoooosh the other side with your
fingers as you hold it----a roller really helps. Mines and acryliuc rod.
Cool hands really help the not smooshing the other side part.

HTH!
Sarajane

Old March 14th 05, 12:35 AM
Diana Curtis

You may join me in the ranks of Uber Enabler. It is a title of honor, wear
it with pride.
You hook them, Ill reel them in.

Old March 18th 05, 02:49 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Well, you minx, I went out and got a wooden egg to cover with clay and have
an idea involving faux ivory, texture sheets and pearlex infused TLS. Now,
YOU need to find me a couple of hours in which to complete the idea.

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: penguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.
Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Old March 19th 05, 01:43 PM
Diana Curtis

I'll lend you a few of mine. ..wait.. what am I saying?
Diana, the timeless