whats your latest project? anything new?

Old January 3rd 05, 04:33 AM
Sjpolyclay

Default whats your latest project? anything new?

I'm trying the colored liquid sculpeys...there's black, gold, and silver. So
far, I can say they seem much heavier/thicker than the transparent. I've
started caoting some eggs to prep them for decorating later. I'm also working
on old stuff---but thats the new part!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 3rd 05, 05:38 AM
Carla

I've been trying to transfer images; texturing with rubber stamps;
leafing; painting.

So far, I've got lots of swirled lentils (which is what happens to
things that don't work g).

Cheers,
Carla

Old January 3rd 05, 09:53 PM
Jalynne

Sad to say, I haven't done much of anything since December, because it's been an
absolute zoo here. However, I did manage to get my craft room cleaned up, and now
have tons of room to work, soooo, after this week is over (getting back into a
homeschool/work/housework routine), I'll be doing a different craft medium each day
(i.e. quilting on Monday, scrapbooking on Tuesday, beading on Wednesday, polyclay on
Thursday, and who knows what on Friday...LOL.)
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 3rd 05, 10:21 PM
Diana Curtis

I have a request to make a stained glass window ornament ball, that is, a
glass ornament covered in clay that still allows the light to shine thru a
bit. Im also cooking an idea for a necklace/pendant of a woman figure
holding a moon. Ill let you know how that works.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 5th 05, 01:22 PM
SunsetStarWolf

Hi Sarajane,

I actually posted a reply to this yesterday, but it never showed up, so here I
go again...

For Christmas my niece gave me the Syndee Holt traveling clay kit. Besides
using some metallic rub-ons, I've always just worked with straight pc.... so
all this stuff is a new adventure for me. There's tons of Pearl-ex, Lumiere &
Neopaque paints, Pinata inks, and texture sheets. I hardly know where to
start!
I have a lot of old clay that I hardly ever reach for because the colors
started to bore me long ago. I did some experimenting with the texture sheets
and applied similarly colored pearl-ex powders, and those colors just came
alive!
Figure sculpting is my first love (clay-wise), but having spent several years
with the online PC community, I've been spending more time doing jewelry and
other type items. This kit will definitely inspire even more of that.

Also, I am redesigning a necklace I put together a long time ago (before I
knew pc even existed), and I'm using one of your Fendi hand beads as the focal
point. If I ever get access to a digital pic, I'll be sure to send it to you.

Happy 2005!

Barbara
Old January 5th 05, 04:23 PM
Sarajane

I got tired of waiting for AOL to cough up the posts....and signed up
over at Google to read the newsgroups---and there's posts to read, over
here!!! Amazing...I wonder what all I've been missing?
The kit with the lumier paints and all sounds like loads of fun!

Old January 5th 05, 11:25 PM
Stephanie

Yeah I signed up on Google too. Aol shows hundreds of posts not
downloaded. I'm getting "new" posts dated Dec. 31st. I hate being left
out of the "conversation", LOL

Old January 5th 05, 11:42 PM
Diana Curtis

As a friend I shouldnt even let you use AOL. Do either of you have the
option of a real isp? ;-)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
oups.com...

Old January 6th 05, 04:49 PM
Sarajane

I know, I know---here, we refer to this service as "eh.......,oh
well......"

we've been here so long due to inertia and teens, but we're all old
enough now to handle the switch. We've some local places to check into,
but its coming soon!!! Luckily my website has been elseswhere for
years, so that part wont be affected.
now I have to remember there's no sig file (that I've found!) option
over here, gotta remember to sign my name!!
Sarajane

Project planning Bungadora Beads 25 March 30th 04 08:12 AM
Free Project Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 November 25th 03 11:33 PM