Knitting at school

Old February 3rd 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Knitting at school

In the art lessons we have a project for all 6-graders at school:
We discovered that just a few of them had learned to knit earlier,
so now we have started to knit hats!
We knit in the round, use bulky wool yarn, or double wool sports yarn.
This way we have lots of colores to choose from.
They have designed their own stripe patterns.
Some have used the football team's colores, others use colores they
fancy.

And they have got the bug!!!!!
Girls AND boys!
They knit in OUR art lessons, in their free time between other lessons,
and when they have finished their work with other subjects!
(the other teachers are thrilled!)

They bring their work home, and other pupils have discovered what's
going on!
Guess what happened today; HALF the group of 7.grade had ALSO brought
needles and yarns!
Now there is knitting boys and girls everywhere at school!

I HOPE this bug is hard to get rid of! LOL!
AUD ;-)

Old February 3rd 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

That is so vary cool. I wish there was a teacher who would have taught
us knitting when I was in grade school. I hope they keep it up.
Andrea

Old February 3rd 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Aud wrote:
[...]

Great AUD.

Dennis & Gail
Old February 4th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

[...]

Way to go Aud, I read somewhere that there is a male knitting group,
meeting regularly somewhere. Otto also learned to knit when he was a
young boy. I have no idea if our son Dennis knows how to knit. We could
start a trend though and all teach on guy to knit this year and whisper in
their ear
"Pssssst, pass it on" LOL I bet the kids have fun with this.

Els
Old February 4th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Aud this wonderful !!! also in manner of Gender ,,,,
Yesterday we sat with son and i asked something with a word that
sounded close to the Hebrew word for knitting Soreg but i asked
about scanning sorek ,,,, 4 male eyes were raised in ???? and 2 males
said I DON~T knit ,, you know ,,,,
mirjam

Old February 4th 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Andrea we learned knitting at school and at home ...
than it declined , now it is coming BACK ,,,, many of my generation
and esp the 10 years younger than us ,,, now rsume knitting .
mirjam

Old February 4th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Don`t forget to tell them that in Former centurirs it was an ALL male
Ocupation , no women were allowed into the Knitter`s guild ....
mirjam

Old February 4th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I keep threatening my BF that I will teach him to knit so he isn't so
bored the next time he gets deployed.

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com