Baby Surprise Jackets.......finished!

Old August 27th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Baby Surprise Jackets.......finished!

I have not posted much...but I read several times a day. I finally updated
my blog with pix of EZ's Baby Surprise Jackets, 2 are finished and one more
on the needles...this time using sock weight yarn and smaller needles. The
first 2 were done in worsted weight and should fit 6 month olds.....I made
them for 2 girls at work that are due anytime and figgered they would be
ready for the winter months.

So if your interested my site is http://www.dabsy.net/knits/

Now off to the monthly knit nite at our local libraryG

Hope all are well or getting there...{{{{{{{{GEM}}}}}}

Donna

Old August 27th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
joan8904

Congratulations. The BSJ is great fun. However, my first one,
knitted from Hyacinth yarn (which was lovely) was much too small for
my 2 year old grand-daughter, despite the best intentions of the yarn
store owner. I ripped it all out and now have some great yarn for
another project.

Instead, I used a cotton bulky yarn and the Baby Einstein pattern.
This time, IT'S GOING TO FIT!

joan

Old August 28th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Aug 27, 6:41 pm, "DAB" Buckeye wrote:
I have not posted much...but I read several times a day. I finally updated
my blog with pix of EZ's Baby Surprise Jackets, 2 are finished and one more
on the needles...this time using sock weight yarn and smaller needles. The
first 2 were done in worsted weight and should fit 6 month olds.....I made
them for 2 girls at work that are due anytime and figgered they would be
ready for the winter months.

So if your interested my site is http://www.dabsy.net/knits/

Now off to the monthly knit nite at our local libraryG

Hope all are well or getting there...{{{{{{{{GEM}}}}}}

Very pretty, Donna. I have done several BSJs, and loved them all.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 28th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Oh no that would make me madG the pattern says worsted weight on bigger
needles will do up to a 1 year old. I knit lose so not sure using the sock
weight and size 3 needles will be small enough for a newborn so will use the
first 2 as a rough gauge. They are fun to knit.....hummm I will have to
check out the one you mention.

Donna

Old August 28th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Congratulations on your success, Donna. It will be interesting to see what
size you get with the sock weight yarn.

--
Jan in MN

"DAB" wrote...

Old August 29th 07, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:41:43 +0000, DAB wrote:

I have not posted much...but I read several times a day. I finally
updated my blog with pix of EZ's Baby Surprise Jackets, 2 are finished and
one more on the needles...this time using sock weight yarn and smaller
needles. The first 2 were done in worsted weight and should fit 6 month
olds.....I made them for 2 girls at work that are due anytime and figgered
they would be ready for the winter months.

So if your interested my site is http://www.dabsy.net/knits/

Now off to the monthly knit nite at our local libraryG

Hope all are well or getting there...{{{{{{{{GEM}}}}}}

Donna

Have left a message on your blog Donna. I love that little jacket! :-)

Old August 29th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bernadette wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:41:43 +0000, DAB wrote:

I have not posted much...but I read several times a day. I finally
updated my blog with pix of EZ's Baby Surprise Jackets, 2 are
finished and one more on the needles...this time using sock weight
yarn and smaller needles. The first 2 were done in worsted weight
and should fit 6 month olds.....I made them for 2 girls at work that
are due anytime and figgered they would be ready for the winter
months.

So if your interested my site is http://www.dabsy.net/knits/

Now off to the monthly knit nite at our local libraryG

Hope all are well or getting there...{{{{{{{{GEM}}}}}}

Donna

Have left a message on your blog Donna. I love that little jacket!
:-)

Thanks they are fun to make too. I added your blog to my blog listG I am
almost finished with my sock...a few more toe rows and then the grafting
which I have never done, I found a good with pictures instruction at
Knitters review in the how to section
http://www.knittersreview.com/articl...e/070719_a.asp

Old August 29th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:31:42 +0000, DAB wrote:

snip

Have left a message on your blog Donna. I love that little jacket!
:-)

Thanks they are fun to make too. I added your blog to my blog listG

Yes, I noticed that and thank you. It is lovely when someone thinks that
the stuff you make is nice enough to be shown to others too.

I am almost finished with my sock...a few more toe rows and then the
grafting which I have never done, I found a good with pictures instruction
at Knitters review in the how to section
http://www.knittersreview.com/articl...e/070719_a.asp

That is a super site and I've bookmarked it to go back and read more
later. What I've read so far gives such clear and concise instructions
that I'm very impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Grafting is a bit "fiddly" the first time you do it but I learned on
those little gingerbread men I made. I grafted the two body sections
together at the head and it was much easier on the second one. The finish
is much neater too. Good luck with the sock.

Old August 30th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bernadette wrote:
[...]

Well the sock is fugged up but it's the toe an nobody will see it or care
;-) I started another one on smaller needles...different color so I don't
get bored and in between I will practice on test pieces for a few times
until I can understand what is going on. My middle fingers don't bend in
the middle joints so is kinda awkward. I will post pictures this weekend.
The Yarn I used was Regia Crazy color....in reds, and pinks and gold...I
love the thicker stripes and the yarn feels real soft on my feet, I used
size 2 needles and the sock fits but feels lose around my foot.....I used a
2X2 rib for the top and that is fine so this second sock in shades of blues
is on size 1 needles. I wonder if I wash the sock if it will shrink a tad.

Baby Quilt Finished--pix joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 17 July 11th 05 03:13 PM
baby quilt top finished Dopeytaz4 Quilting 11 May 5th 05 03:13 PM
Baby Quilt Finished! Donna Quilting 27 May 5th 05 02:49 AM
baby quilt finished!! A&T Quilting 12 February 14th 05 01:06 PM
Finished the baby quilt Packrat Quilting 1 February 13th 04 04:28 PM