Knitting Videos for Mittens

Old August 17th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Default Knitting Videos for Mittens

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time lurker here who's learned to knit socks from on-line videos.
I knit left handed, but that only means I turn the directions around to
favour the left side. However, I now want to learn to knit mittens (for
Christmas gifts) and desperately want to find on-line videos to show me how,
especially when it comes to the thumb! I'm rather knew at knitting, so the
more basic the directions the better. Thanks in advance for any
information you can provide.

Maureen

--
Maureen Miller
Http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5909&members=1

Old August 17th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Hi Maureen,

I haven't had any luck locating a video that teaches how to knit
mittens but I wonder if since you have mastered socks (you're not a
begginner knitier if you can do that in my opinion) that you might not
try knitting mittens from a written pattern?

Mittens don't have to be knit in the round - there are two needle
patterns if you prefer to knit flat and seam after.

Regards,
VP

Old August 18th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

This site has a lot of videos, it shows decreasing and knitting in the
round. I hope it helps
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...iques/misc.php

Old August 18th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

coggietm wrote:
This site has a lot of videos, it shows decreasing and knitting in the
round. I hope it helps
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...iques/misc.php

I did a search and found this but it's in DVD format and not that
expensive......

http://www.americanknitter.com/lesson2.html

donna

Old August 24th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Hi,

I think a written pattern would be a good thing. I think I can knit socks
because I made up my mind I was going to and my brain just wouldn't take no
for an answer, no matter what my hands were doing for those first few tries.
I think it's the way they directions are written in some patterns that
throws me too. I don't understand enough of them to really make sense of
them. For instance, some will go something like....k2(twice). Well then,
why am I not just knitting k4? But I will keep searching and thanks for
your help.

Maureen

--
Maureen Miller
Http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5909&members=1
http://www.shorei-kancanada.ca/

ups.com...

Old August 24th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Oh thank you! That page does help. Not so much with the mittens perhaps,
but I see a section that is titled 'fixing mistakes' and it looks to be
right up my alley! Much appreciated.

Maureen

--
Maureen Miller
Http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5909&members=1
http://www.shorei-kancanada.ca/

ups.com...

Old August 24th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Thank you Donna. I think I may just have the answers now with the e-mails
you've all sent to me. This group is great! Thank you all. I'm looking
forward to spending more time here as my knitting obsession prospers.

Maureen

free knitting videos Spike Driver Yarn 0 May 5th 06 10:45 AM
Two Mittens Sussi Yarn 12 October 26th 05 11:44 AM
Free useful knitting videos internetchick Yarn 1 August 29th 05 12:48 PM
Animal mittens Irishwasherwoman Yarn 8 December 11th 04 06:36 PM
Top-down mittens Carol Yarn 8 October 18th 04 10:47 AM