Paternayan yarn numbers

Old September 6th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

Default Paternayan yarn numbers

The dolls? I remember that one.
Dora

Susanne Hackbarth wrote:
What luck! I was hoping to find someone on this newsgroup that might know if
these Paternayan numbers have changed. I was looking for #520, for an OLD
1976 project I am working on. No. 520 is a Teal Blue shade now and the color
I need is green, which looks like #630. Thank you! This project is one of
3 President's wives; Martha Washington, Julia Tyler and Sara Jackson, from a
McCall's magazine.

Susanne

"elderberry22" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, I am thinking about making the pattern "Tinkle, a Cat" from the
book by Brande Ormond, _American Primitives in Needlepoint_. But when
I look at the Paternayan yarn numbers, they are so different! This
calls for quite a lot of Dark Red #201, but when I look at color
charts, 201 is quite a shade of grey! Is there any way to convert
these numbers? I have googled it and had no luck at all.