Investment Castings problem -- surface defects caused by ...?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Paul WIlson

Default Investment Castings problem -- surface defects caused by ...?

Folks,
I sent some very nice waxes off to be cast in sterling, but a few came
back with surface defects. My casting guy says it's because the cast
pieces were "too heavy." I think it was a problem with the investing
technique.

What is your diagnosis? I posted pictures at
www.eliasbing.com/surface_defects.html.

Thanks,
Paul

defects during storage of flat glass moh3en Glass 6 May 26th 06 07:01 PM
sort-of. new castings and new pages Beadbimbo Beads 4 March 4th 05 10:56 AM
AD: sort-of. new castings and new pages Kalera Stratton Beads 0 March 1st 05 04:51 PM
earring castings Jewelry 3 May 31st 04 04:21 PM
Inlay Castings Lamedeer Jewelry 0 May 21st 04 05:23 AM