OT - Been busy

Old August 26th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OT - Been busy

Just to let anyone who is interested know... I've been away from rcty for a
couple of days and will be again for a couple more days. I have a lot of
things on my mind (and plate, so to speak) that I have to deal with at the
moment, but hopefully things will settle down soon so we can get back to
normal (or as near as possible) again.

I'll be back as soon as I can... even for a couple of minutes here and
there. )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old August 26th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:44:42 -0400, Not Likely wrote:

Just to let anyone who is interested know... I've been away from rcty for
a couple of days and will be again for a couple more days. I have a lot
of things on my mind (and plate, so to speak) that I have to deal with at
the moment, but hopefully things will settle down soon so we can get back
to normal (or as near as possible) again.

I'll be back as soon as I can... even for a couple of minutes here and
there. )

*hugs*
Gemini

I'll look forward to that Gem. You take care and take you time sorting out
what you need to. ((((Gem))))

Bernadette

Old August 26th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Aug 26, 9:44 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
Just to let anyone who is interested know... I've been away from rcty for a
couple of days and will be again for a couple more days. I have a lot of
things on my mind (and plate, so to speak) that I have to deal with at the
moment, but hopefully things will settle down soon so we can get back to
normal (or as near as possible) again.

I'll be back as soon as I can... even for a couple of minutes here and
there. )

And we'll be waiting, Gem.

higs,
Katherine

Old August 27th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Be safe m be well we are here !!
mirjam

Old September 2nd 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Thank you, Bernadette, Katherine, and Mirjam! )

Things still aren't sorted out yet... likely will be another week or so
before it all gets figured out. I had a bad week health-wise from Friday to
Friday when my son took me to the hospital (yes, I'm stubborn and refuse to
give in to pain until it seems almost unbearable... you'd think I'd learn
after the tubal pregnancy I had before Matthew was born that almost killed
me) with massive pains in my stomach. The doctor told me I was having
spasms and said it was due to the stress I've been under lately, and he gave
me a prescription to ease them. However when we left the hospital and drove
down the street to the pharmacy we deal with (that has my coverage
information from Disability) they were closed... so we went home. I figured
it was one more day added on to the full week I just went through, big deal.

Off we went yesterday to the nearby city again to the pharmacy (I deal with
that one because they are in the same city as my family doctor, and we've
dealt with them for many years) even though on the drive I told my son that
the pains had subsided just leaving my stomach a bit tender. Went into the
pharmacy with the prescription and.... are you ready? The medication
ordered by the emergency doctor isn't one on the list that Disability
covers! / I'm glad the pains are gone now, but for future?.... I will
have to bring that prescription to my family doctor and have him write a
note to Disability stating that I will be *needing* that medication, in
hopes that they will approve it for me. Nevermind... I'm just relieved that
the pains are gone now, and I am *trying* not to stress too much (easier
said than done) so they don't come back.

Well, it's a glorious weekend here... perfect weather for the long Labour
Day weekend before the children start back to school on Tuesday. Did I
mention (I know I said in the first paragraph that my son took me to the
hospital) that Matthew got his G1 (Learner's Permit for driving) License on
August 17th? I've been taking him out (except this past week when I was
down and out, so to speak) driving quite a bit... he has a full year to
practice before he can take his "road test" to get his G2 (meaning he will
then be able to drive on *any* roads... for now with having his G1 he is
limited to roads with speed limits under 90 km/ph. 90 km/ph and higher are
not allowed at all, and it is really difficult to find roads around here
under that speed. There is the main one that goes through our town... and a
couple of sideroads leading from it to the "Lakeshore Rd", and then the
"Lakeshore Rd" itself that leads into the nearby city... but all the rest of
the roads, even sideroads that aren't used as much are 90 km/ph. Oh well...
for now, we have found two different routes for him to drive all the way
into the nearby city. The first couple of weeks he didn't feel confident
enough to actually drive *in* the city (it is a smaller city, so I'm not
that concerned) and would stop at the lakeside park to let me take over, but
now he drives in and around the city and I rarely get to drive anymore at
all. LOL

However, when he starts back at his cabinetmaking courses on Sept 10 and
Sept 11 (the two he is signed up for this semester run every Monday and
Tuesday evening for five weeks) in the larger city the opposite direction,
he can only drive part way because the main road leading there is 90 km/ph.
So we will go part way on backroads (still paved), then I have to take over
and drive the rest of the way in... no, he is *not* ready for driving in
that city just yet, at least not on the way in as there will be rush hour
traffic for people on their way home from work... but *maybe* on the way out
of the city he can drive because it will be 10:30 PM and the streets aren't
*as* busy then. Come winter time, when there is snow and ice on the ground
will be very bad for him having driving time because I myself will only take
two roads on the way to either of the cities we go to, and I am one of the
best drivers (I know that sounds conceited, but it is true... I've been told
by many people that they feel safer with me driving than anyone else they
know). There are two main roads coming home from the nearby city where our
doctor is, that are straight and safer than any others during winter... one
of them coming out of the city is 90 km/ph, then we turn on the main one
that comes into our town which is 80 km/ph. So I will have to drive to the
end of the road coming into our town and Matthew can practice his winter
driving on the last 9 miles home. However... that last 9 miles has more
people driving off into ditches than any other roads around... it boggles
the mind (at least mine) how they do that though... the road couldn't
possibly be any straigher... you just keep your steering wheel straight and
you're fine!!! I've passed by 12 cars in ditches, or in the process of
being towed out of ditches on that road on *one* trip.

Anyway... I've rattled on long enough. Sorry about the long post, guess I'm
making up for all the time I was off here. LOL I won't be on again for a
few more days, but I will *try* to keep the next post shorter than this one.
;o)

*hugs*
Gem

Old September 2nd 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

PLEASE GET WELLLLLLL SOON
mirjam

Old September 2nd 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 2, 11:59 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
Thank you, Bernadette, Katherine, and Mirjam! )

snip

Anyway... I've rattled on long enough. Sorry about the long post, guess I'm
making up for all the time I was off here. LOL I won't be on again for a
few more days, but I will *try* to keep the next post shorter than this one.
;o)

Nice to see you again, Gem. Good luck with the drugs - AND the stress!

Higs,
Katherine