Blending with a Kitchen-Aide

Old December 29th 03, 02:01 PM
Rachel

Default Blending with a Kitchen-Aide

Hi

Has anyone ever tried a Kitchen-Aide mixer to blend / condition clays?
If so, how did it work out (and did you use the paddle attachment or
the dough hook)? I happen to have a real old one I can use for PC
only but don't want to try it if it has been found to not work out.

TIA.

Rachel
Old January 1st 04, 06:28 PM
Irwin

I haven't tried using a Kitchen-Aide, but I highly doubt that any of
the standard attachments would do any good.
A food processor works because it has blades and *cuts* the clay into
tiny pieces which are then easier to condition or blend together. In
the cases where the food processor is actually able to form a
well-mixed, "dough" it is usually due to the heat of extensive
processing (i.e., whirling and cutting) with initially soft clay.
(I rarely let it go that far for fear of burning out the motor.)

A Kitchen-Aide is not a food processor; it is a mixer. Unless you have
a really huge amount of really soft clay to work with, the KA will not
do a stitch of good. --- As far as I can see.

--- Irwin

(Rachel) wrote in message . com...
Hi

Has anyone ever tried a Kitchen-Aide mixer to blend / condition clays?
If so, how did it work out (and did you use the paddle attachment or
the dough hook)? I happen to have a real old one I can use for PC
only but don't want to try it if it has been found to not work out.

TIA.

Rachel

turning old silverware into kitchen pull handles terry Jewelry 6 June 5th 04 04:59 PM
Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Kennor Glass 3 February 11th 04 01:03 AM
Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,CabinetVision Solid, Planit Millennium II [2 CDs], TurboCAD Pro V9.0 [3 CDs] (Turbocad Pro V9.0, TurboCad Deluxe 9.2 FloorPlan v7.3, TurboProjectExpress v4S), Big Hammer Do It Yourself (De TEL Glass 0 February 6th 04 04:51 PM
Embroidered Kitchen Designs Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 January 23rd 04 10:27 PM
Blending Premo & Sculpey III Shannon Polymer Clay 1 November 21st 03 05:48 AM