products--whats new?

Old May 29th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default products--whats new?

What have you tried recently with polymer clay that you hadnt before?

I really like the new Krylon plastics spray paint. Its great for covering
base peices of mosaic/collage work, whether extruded or formed plastic or on
foam or cardboard. I see there's also a "mystic prism" spray thats clear
with a diffraction effect---gotta get some of that, I think! Kathy Dewey
used the white plastics spray on wires to coat them for use in tiny
armatures---like making your own telephine wires, only whatever size and
color you want.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

Old May 29th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I tried a clay extruder gun. Got so frustrated, I threw it away...then
got it out of the garbage and tried again...then threw it away. Oh well
Then I went online and ordered a different brand with a screw-type
plunger that should be here in the next couple of days.

I'm going through one of my clay books "Faux Surfaces in Polymer Clay",
by Irene Semanchuk Dean, with a plan to try one mix each week. I do
stuff like this when I "lose my creativity", just practice new techniques.

Cheers,
Carla

Old May 29th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I've been playing a lot with added scrapbooking/paper embelishments to
clay. Also continuing my love affair with my extruder gun and making
canes a'la Nan Roche's mosaic cane technique. I'm also getting into
cover small paper boxes with clay and have been in talks with a local
gift/art gallery to sell them exclusively through their store.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.