Pattern for a Thneed

Old November 21st 05, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Pattern for a Thneed

Hi All,

For Christmas this year, DBF's uncle has requested that I knit him a Thneed?
Does anyone know where I can find one? I have been Googling, but haven't
found much.

TIA
Nadia

Old November 21st 05, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

madhatress wrote:
Hi All,

For Christmas this year, DBF's uncle has requested that I knit him a
Thneed? Does anyone know where I can find one? I have been Googling,
but haven't found much.

Thneed??? He *must* be pronouncing it wrong!

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 21st 05, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Katherine" wrote in message
madhatress wrote:
Hi All,

For Christmas this year, DBF's uncle has requested that I knit him a
Thneed? Does anyone know where I can find one? I have been Googling,
but haven't found much.

Thneed??? He *must* be pronouncing it wrong!

Higs,
Katherine

I *agree*!
I've been racking my poor brain, wondering, is it a lithp? (lisp) and then
should it be a sneed?
Noreen

Old November 21st 05, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

A thneed is what the Oncelers knitted in Dr. Seuss' 'The Lorax'. It's
anything. Hard to explain. I finally found a good example of what it
is he http://natureknitter.blogspot.com/
Ctl+F and type in thneed. It'll take you to the spot on the page
where it's located.

HTH,
Jenn
Old November 21st 05, 11:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Jenn W. wrote:
A thneed is what the Oncelers knitted in Dr. Seuss' 'The Lorax'. It's
anything. Hard to explain. I finally found a good example of what it
is he http://natureknitter.blogspot.com/
Ctl+F and type in thneed. It'll take you to the spot on the page
where it's located.

Ah, I see. Thank you, Jenn.

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 21st 05, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The YARNWRIGHT" wrote in message

"Katherine" wrote in message
madhatress wrote:
Hi All,

For Christmas this year, DBF's uncle has requested that I knit him a
Thneed? Does anyone know where I can find one? I have been Googling,
but haven't found much.

Thneed??? He *must* be pronouncing it wrong!

Higs,
Katherine

I *agree*!
I've been racking my poor brain, wondering, is it a lithp? (lisp) and then
should it be a sneed?
Noreen

I think this might sometimes be called a "Magic Scarf" at stores like
A.C.Moore, Michael's, etc.
(But used as a sock?!)
--
Carey in MA

Old November 22nd 05, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"madhatress" wrote in
:

Hi All,

For Christmas this year, DBF's uncle has requested that I
knit him a Thneed? Does anyone know where I can find one? I
have been Googling, but haven't found much.

tell DBF's uncle you would be delighted to knit him a thneed
(everyone needs a thneed!) but he will have to provide you
with the Truffula tuft. a proper thneed can *only* be made of
Truffula!

lee hoping everyone gets the Dr.Suess reference...

--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old November 22nd 05, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"madhatress" wrote in
:

Hi All,

For Christmas this year, DBF's uncle has requested that I
knit him a Thneed? Does anyone know where I can find one? I
have been Googling, but haven't found much.

tell DBF's uncle you would be delighted to knit him a thneed
(everyone needs a thneed!) but he will have to provide you
with the Truffula tuft. a proper thneed can *only* be made of
Truffula!

lee hoping everyone gets the Dr.Suess reference...

Well, I know it's Suess, after the other post telling us so, but gotta say,
I never got into Dr. Suess... thought it was beneath me, even as a little
kid....
(I was reading at a 2nd year college level in the fourth grade... back THEN
2nd year college was something to be PROUD of, not like the remedial level
they're at 'today', lol!)
JM2C,
Noreen

Old November 22nd 05, 06:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I must say i am tottaly ignorant about Dr, Zeus books , only saw one
once ,
mirjam

"madhatress" wrote in
m:

Old November 22nd 05, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Noreen you TOO read so much and as `soon ` as possible??? when i was a
teenager there were not so many Hebrew Teenager suitable books , and i
was a Heavy Reader ,,,, thus i read almost every thing ,,,, At 16 i
got Rheumatic Fever and was bedridden , thus i asked my mother to go
to the public library and bring me books , in the order they stood on
the shelves , and i read all the Hebrew and English books they had .
In those times Russian Literature was still The Thing here ,,Later
when my children grew up i read what they read ,,,,, but not dr Zeus
which they never read ,,,Here it was not so known [ only by name]
mirjam

"enigma" wrote in message
"madhatress" wrote in
:

Child's hat pattern M. Burwell Yarn 6 July 1st 04 05:25 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
New FREE downloadable PMP 4 crossstitch pattern "Country Kitchen" available :O))) Misty Needlework 0 March 14th 04 01:54 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - art nouveau window to spring ! Misty Needlework 1 February 3rd 04 01:52 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - Sweet valentine :OD ! Misty Needlework 0 January 30th 04 09:36 PM