Query about a BOOK

Old November 19th 05, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Query about a BOOK

There's a book out there entitled
"Knitting in the Old Way"....
and I'm wondering if it has Continental/German style knitting or
English/American style
in it?
TIA
Noreen
--
http://noreensknitche.com/gathering
http://www.noreensknitche.com/cont_fans/

Old November 19th 05, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The YARNWRIGHT wrote:
There's a book out there entitled
"Knitting in the Old Way"....
and I'm wondering if it has Continental/German style knitting or
English/American style
in it?
TIA
Noreen

Noreen,

I have thumbed through the book in the book store. It is more how to
knit your 4 x 4 square and test the gauge, pick out a sweater design you
like and knit the sweater with what ever gage yarn you have, called
knitting the old way before every one started depending on patterns.

It might have touches on our continental style knitting, I did not
notice it. It did touch no knitting multi-color knitting.

It is meant more for the person that want to learn how to take the gauge
and measure to find the number of stitches for the parts needed to make
the style of sweater they want.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old November 19th 05, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
The YARNWRIGHT wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Dennis!
You're a doll and quick, too!
Hugs,
Noreen and Don

ooooh-RAH!

Old November 20th 05, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I'll just add one more and say it's truly a brilliant book. I used it
to make the patterns for these:

http://www.knitting-and.com/photos/g...pers/mog_front
http://www.knitting-and.com/photos/g...rs/binkjumper5

Old November 20th 05, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

knittingand wrote:
I'll just add one more and say it's truly a brilliant book. I used it
to make the patterns for these:

http://www.knitting-and.com/photos/g...pers/mog_front
http://www.knitting-and.com/photos/g...rs/binkjumper5

And very nice they are, too.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old November 20th 05, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"knittingand" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'll just add one more and say it's truly a brilliant book. I used it
to make the patterns for these:

http://www.knitting-and.com/photos/g...pers/mog_front
http://www.knitting-and.com/photos/g...rs/binkjumper5

Thank you, Sarah.
My ISP is apparently blocked from your site, (I don't blame you), so I
couldn't look, however I do thank you for the book review.
Noreen

Old November 20th 05, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

No worries Noreen, my site is blocked a lot by software that blocks all
pagan & gay sites cos I'm pagan and I have a link to the glbt knitters
website :-P

My old website used to get blocked just because I once mentioned that a
friend of mine is Wiccan!

Old November 20th 05, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thanks :-)

I find that the book is excellent for making garments that fit really
well. I used to use software to make my patterns but I only use this
book now