Need these seeds!

Old January 30th 04, 08:35 PM
scaperchick

Default Need these seeds!

I'm hoping one of you will know what I'm talking about... there are
these seed beads I got at my LBS, and they've been out of stock (as
has their supplier) and I need more for a project!

They're some sort of galvanized seeds, fairly expensive (retail $11.50
for 1/2-oz. ), size 11, that have an antiqued-metal look to them. I
believe they are Czech; they have good-sized holes and are very round.
The stock number on the tag says "190".

Does any of this ring a bell for anyone? I'd be extremely happy if I
could find another supplier of these, because I need them a lot sooner
than my LBS can get them.

Thanks!
Old January 30th 04, 09:02 PM
Christina Peterson

It those are the same galvanized beads that I'm thinking of, be aware that
the fade quickly in light. I won't use them.

Tina

Old January 31st 04, 01:59 AM
DreamBeadr

They're some sort of galvanized seeds, fairly expensive (retail $11.50
for 1/2-oz. ), size 11, that have an antiqued-metal look to them.

Hummm....Galvanized (which is just a metal looking coating that can rub off
easily) is pretty inexpensive...between 3 to 5 bux depending.

There is a 24K gold electroplated size 11...much more expensive. I sell 20
grams for around $8.50 I think, (gee, been away from work for awhile...lol)

Larger holes usually mean it is a Japanese seed bead. Were they strung or
loose? If loose, were there any little threads mixed in? If not, they are
most likely Japanese.
The stock number doesn't ring any bells.

Do you have any way to scan them?
If not, you are welcome to send me a sample and I can see if I can match them
for you, or tell you where to go.

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com
Old January 31st 04, 02:36 AM
scaperchick

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:02:48 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

It those are the same galvanized beads that I'm thinking of, be aware that
the fade quickly in light. I won't use them.

These aren't those kind, that's why I'm not sure what to call them.
They're more even and the finish is much more like metal than like
other galvanized beads I've seen, in both look and color. They feel
cooler than glass beads, too.
Old February 1st 04, 07:49 PM
scaperchick

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:31:24 GMT, Tinkster
wrote:

Might they be the stainless steel ones?

Hmnmmm, that could be possible...
Old February 1st 04, 08:56 PM
DreamBeadr

Do you think they're silver electroplated?

There is Scaperchick. There is a 24K white gold electroplate (big time pricy) a
silverplate and a nickle plate.
The ones in your scan look like nickle.
Stock # 464 on this page
http://www.whimbeads.com/seedbeads/metallic.html

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com

Old February 2nd 04, 04:56 PM
scaperchick

On 01 Feb 2004 20:56:06 GMT, (DreamBeadr) wrote:

Do you think they're silver electroplated?

There is Scaperchick. There is a 24K white gold electroplate (big time pricy) a
silverplate and a nickle plate.
The ones in your scan look like nickle.
Stock # 464 on this page
http://www.whimbeads.com/seedbeads/metallic.html

Interesting, because I have a nickel allergy but these don't bother
me... But they may be a match! I just have one question - are those
nickelplate ones antiqued-looking? Thats the look that these have.
Old February 3rd 04, 04:05 PM
DreamBeadr

are those
nickelplate ones antiqued-looking?

The nickle is a duller darker color than the white gold, so I would say they
have an antique look to them.

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com