Socks bug hit here :-)))

Old November 25th 03, 05:02 PM
Anna MCM

Default Socks bug hit here :-)))

Well, I was sure to be immune, since I can=B4t knit. WRONG!
I found a lovely pattern for crocheted baby socks and I am crocheting=20
socks like a crazy...
I am making the second pair out of a yarn reminding of Regia.
They are sooo funny and look very hippie in this variegated yarn!
I have the perfect receiver in my mind. My best friend=B4s baby will get =

them. Dad was a real hippie back in time, I think he=B4ll be delighted :-=

For those intersted in the pattern, it=B4s the baby socks pattern at=20
freepatterns.com.
It=B4s very easy to do also because very well written.
Since it=B4s asubscription site, i can=B4t give the direct link here. The=
=20
subscription is free, though...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old November 25th 03, 07:03 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Anna- Maria ,, get well soon and make more socks
hahahah
they all sound great
mirjam

Old November 25th 03, 07:42 PM
NoraBalcer

Anna Maria,

I love the way variegated yarns work up in socks. I've made myself two pairs
using Red Heart Starbright and Sue's spiral knit sock pattern.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 25th 03, 07:47 PM
Anna MCM

NoraBalcer wrote:
Anna Maria,

I love the way variegated yarns work up in socks.

Me too :-)))

I've made myself two pairs
using Red Heart Starbright

Are the ones crocheted? And which hook did you use?

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old November 25th 03, 09:24 PM
Aud

Earlier I felt it was a sort of *fake* yarn,
in embroidery I learned from my mom how
to *shadow* different coloures into eachother.
Then we got the *shadow yarn*, a sort of varigated,
but in one colour, different shades or *strength*.
I thought that was a fake!
But NOW: I look into every yarn shop to see
if they have a *new* colour blend !
I loved those coloures of yours, Nora!
But as I said, I have never seen it here!
(may be we should take that trip to Stockholm to Anna Maria?
THAT yarn had many coloures an variations..and varigations!)
AUD ;-)

--

"NoraBalcer" skrev i melding

Old November 25th 03, 09:32 PM
Anna MCM

Aud wrote:

(may be we should take that trip to Stockholm to Anna Maria?
THAT yarn had many coloures an variations..and varigations!)

You are always the most welcome!
Stockholm is NOT a yarn paradise, but I am sure that we could have lots
of fun together!

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old November 25th 03, 10:11 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:02:30 +0100, Anna MCM wrote:

Well, I was sure to be immune, since I canīt knit. WRONG!
I found a lovely pattern for crocheted baby socks and I am crocheting
socks like a crazy...
I am making the second pair out of a yarn reminding of Regia.
They are sooo funny and look very hippie in this variegated yarn!
I have the perfect receiver in my mind. My best friendīs baby will get
them. Dad was a real hippie back in time, I think heīll be delighted :-D

For those intersted in the pattern, itīs the baby socks pattern at
freepatterns.com.
Itīs very easy to do also because very well written.
Since itīs asubscription site, i canīt give the direct link here. The
subscription is free, though...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Anna Maria,
Hope 'this' "BUG" is one that stays with you for a long time, and never
ever has any ill effects!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old November 26th 03, 10:30 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

What are you looking for and how much
i could tell you prices here , but most are inported here ,,, we get
now the most Fantastic varigated wools
called
"PrintColor" "Fireside 12 ply "
100 % pure wool 100 gram balls ,
Wool is Australian Ormowool , and the trhreads are made in TURKEY
machinewashable they come in thin and thick threads are GODLY intheir
color ranges, lovely soft to knit . mirjam
mirjam

Old November 26th 03, 03:12 PM
Aud

I never look for something special, Mirjam!
Just get a *kick* from coloures I like!
Then I get inspirated to make something from it.
I think you describe my feelings quite well,
when you say *they are GODLY in their color ranges*
Just what I feel sometimes, and I HAVE TO buy a bit! LOL!

But just now I work with a Norwegian ditributed (but from Peru) Alpakka
yarn.
It has beautiful coloures, and is wonderful to knit with.
I am making a scarf and fingerless gloves. Two different blues and a sharp
green, + beads.
(If I am not mistaken, you were the first that inspired me to use beads,
I have thought about it since then, but never did it, till now!LOL!))
Hugs,
AUD ;-)

--

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding

Old November 27th 03, 03:21 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

acccccchhhh Aud had you seen my woools now ????
just bought a very nice one ,, and gave a friend of mine as birtday
present , she was delighted , me too ,, hahah
mirjam

Yarn odor CHEX Yarn 33 November 14th 03 06:48 PM
Socks and more socks Cori Yarn 12 October 12th 03 10:49 AM
elasitc (spandex) in socks too tight mike Sewing 3 August 4th 03 06:59 PM
Socks on circular needles? Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 11 August 4th 03 01:25 PM