Have you done a Fabric survey?

Old November 7th 03, 07:49 PM
CPI \(Aprshowers @ work\)

Default Have you done a Fabric survey?

Snowflake heaven.....I'm still in the clouds. Yes, it did snow here last
week.

Had to do a fabric survey. Come to find out I have more snow fabric then
anything else. Wonder why? LOL Second place goes to Strawberries? I just
might have to add more berries to make it a tie! Snowflakes and
Strawberries seems to be what I collect. WOO I think I just came up with a
NEW title for myself. Do you see it?

What do you have more of; solids - more blue or red or green, prints -
floral or novelty or animals? Lets take a survey, I'd love to see what
others collect. This might make the squishie more fun, too.

April
SW Washington

Old November 7th 03, 08:05 PM
Lisa Ellis

CPI (Aprshowers @ work) wrote:

Snowflake heaven.....I'm still in the clouds. Yes, it did snow here last
week.

Had to do a fabric survey. Come to find out I have more snow fabric then
anything else. Wonder why? LOL Second place goes to Strawberries? I just
might have to add more berries to make it a tie! Snowflakes and
Strawberries seems to be what I collect. WOO I think I just came up with a
NEW title for myself. Do you see it?

What do you have more of; solids - more blue or red or green, prints -
floral or novelty or animals? Lets take a survey, I'd love to see what
others collect. This might make the squishie more fun, too.

I go through periods where I aquire more of one type of fabric, at the
expense of other types. Right now I seem to be buying batiks and
plaids. That will change, I am sure...

Overall, I have more vintage fabric and feedsacks than any other
category. I haven't been buying vintage fabric lately, because it just
too expensive. If I find a feedsack at a good price, less than five or
six dollars, I will buy it. I bought one last month, so they are still
out there...

lisae

Old November 7th 03, 08:09 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Right now i have just a wee little bit of everything. I have a Lot of
Christmas but as much as possible of it is going to be used in the stuff
for the Christmas Bazaar.

Other than Christmas, I have a few border prints that I am trying to
gather coordinating materials for and make some quilts like in the
"Clever Quilts" book. I don't have "clever quilts too" yet.

With not having a job I have no money to go buy stash so I am trying
to get creative with what I have. I participate in several swaps, so I
am trying to use find stuff to use those materials in. I think after
Christmas I will end up with several scrappy quilts. I also have friends
giving me old gently used jeans to use in raggy quilts.

Babs
Queen of Hot Stuff

--
"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment." --Barry LePatner

Old November 7th 03, 08:10 PM
Jalynne

What do you do with your feedsacks? I have two that i've had for a couple years and
i have no clue what to do with them? I'm not particularly attached to them, so i'd
be willing to let them go...but if i could find a good use, I'd be happy.
--
Jalynne

Old November 7th 03, 08:30 PM
Lisa Ellis

Jalynne wrote:

What do you do with your feedsacks? I have two that i've had for a couple years and
i have no clue what to do with them? I'm not particularly attached to them, so i'd
be willing to let them go...but if i could find a good use, I'd be happy.

Well, you can always give them to me... Seriously, I like to use
feedsacks, and I know you could use yours.

I've made several quilts using feedsacks only. One is a teacup quilt
and the other is a teapot quilt. I like to mix feedsack material with
other vintage fabric (from the 30's & 40's). Feedsacks with larger
paterns can make spectacular borders. They also make very nice quilt
backs, as they are soft. I bought two really nice feed sacks with
winged cherubs - those got used for a back because they were too
wonderful to cut up. The quilt top has a high percentage of feedsack
material (rescued blocks) and the finished quilt is very soft and cuddly.

Another thought, plain feedsacks are nice to use as a foundation for
string blocks. You can also dye them - I've done that to get material
to use for a quilt back.

lisae, who really, really likes feedsacks...

Old November 7th 03, 08:38 PM
Jalynne

Wanna trade? If you can use them, i'd sure like for them to go to a good home.
Contact me privately Craftigirl at earthlink dot net
--
Jalynne

Old November 7th 03, 09:57 PM
Sherry Starr

I have lots of Southwest type prints..I need more, lol. I need more solids.
I have a fair amount of batiks now. It seems that a lot of my stash is
mostly fat quarters. I joined a fabric club about ten years ago when I
first became interested in quilting. I can't imagine ever using some of
that stuff. Some of it is strange; i.e. harlequin prints, circus prints,
and some other stuff that I don't even know what to call it.
Sherry Starr

Old November 7th 03, 10:01 PM
Kathy in CA

I have the most in purples right now but working on building up my greens
and blues. Also planning on a small collection of plaids for a courthouse
steps quilt

--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old November 7th 03, 10:20 PM
Diana Curtis

As I look to see what I have, its mostly greens.. tone on tones.. but also
an equal number of Christmas sort of things.. holly and such. But, not all
that much of either. The biggest bulk of my stash is made up of bits and
pieces *aka scraps* of every shape, color, hue, tone and design
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old November 7th 03, 10:27 PM
frood

If I count Halloween in with other novelties, then Novelties would be my
biggest category. However, I don't do it that way - Halloween is it's own
category. :-)

So, I think my biggest category is Bold/Graphic prints. Or maybe it's
Celestial prints. There is some overlap in those categories, too.

Colorwise, red and purple are the biggest categories, with orange following
closely behind. Pink's coming along the inside, looking for an opening to
make her move...

The category most likely to enlarge is Vintage. Not repros, but the real
thing. I have several spies out looking for these for me, too! If only the
budget would allow a major indulgence....(wistful sigh)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me Diana Curtis Quilting 4 August 12th 03 03:40 AM
Wonky Fabric Rant Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 15 August 8th 03 12:50 PM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM