Rotary Blade Sharpener

Old July 17th 03, 06:05 AM
grbev

Default Rotary Blade Sharpener

Do any of you use the Olfa blade sharpener? I use them all the time for the
amount of cutting I do at the Humanitarian Center. Saves the budget a lot
of money.

From Utah,

Bev

PS You can see a picture of one at the bottom of the page at
http://thesewingplace.com/Notions/Cu...otaryTools.htm

Old July 17th 03, 06:34 AM
Jalynne

I u

--
Jalynne
or look at my layouts at
"grbev" wrote in message
Do any of you use the Olfa blade sharpener? I use them all the time for the
amount of cutting I do at the Humanitarian Center. Saves the budget a lot
of money.

From Utah,

Old July 17th 03, 06:37 AM
Jalynne

sometimes i hate my computer. Sorry for the other post...sigh. My puter decided to
hit Send without me.

As I was trying to say....I use mine a lot, and it generally stretches out the
usefulness of my blades by a good 50% of it's normal expected life. Just so you
know, though, it's a good idea to buy a new sharpener every 18 months, so not sure
how that price fits into how much you save. I always wait for a coupon and get mine
at JoAnn's. Love it, love it!

--
Jalynne - who should be studying for her final, but is finding Reagan, Bush and
Clinton administrations awfully boring.

"grbev" wrote in message
Do any of you use the Olfa blade sharpener? I use them all the time for the
amount of cutting I do at the Humanitarian Center. Saves the budget a lot
of money.

From Utah,

Old July 17th 03, 04:42 PM
Pati Cook

You are supposed to be able to get replacements for the "sharpening rings" but I don't
know where.

Pati, in Phx

Johanna Gibson wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:37:24 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

sometimes i hate my computer. Sorry for the other post...sigh. My puter decided to
hit Send without me.

As I was trying to say....I use mine a lot, and it generally stretches out the
usefulness of my blades by a good 50% of it's normal expected life. Just so you
know, though, it's a good idea to buy a new sharpener every 18 months, so not sure
how that price fits into how much you save. I always wait for a coupon and get mine
at JoAnn's. Love it, love it!

Is it necessary to buy a new sharpener? There are two rings of
sandpaper - one side has a fine grade and the other has a superfine
grade. Surely it's cheaper to buy two sheets of sandpaper and stick on
a couple rings every 18 months? Anyway, that's what I intend to do
when mine starts wearing out!

-- Jo in Scotland

Old July 17th 03, 08:24 PM
Jalynne

You'd have to get a very very fine grit, automotive grade sand paper to get it to
work properly. I suppose you could do it. I wonder if the old rings would come off
easily. Hmmmm, something to think about...

Old July 18th 03, 12:38 AM
julia sidebottom

I use it a lot! I have used one up and had to buy a second one. It
just wore down from continued use. The first one lasted me a good 4
years and I just replaced it about 6 months ago. The only draw back
that I discovered was it would take much more time if there were any
deep gouges in the blade.
juliasb

grbev wrote:

Do any of you use the Olfa blade sharpener? I use them all the time for the
amount of cutting I do at the Humanitarian Center. Saves the budget a lot
of money.

From Utah,

Bev

PS You can see a picture of one at the bottom of the page at
http://thesewingplace.com/Notions/Cu...otaryTools.htm

--

** When responding in email please put in subject line RCTQ *** this
will insure the mail will go to the right box ****

now...
come and journey with me from darkness....
.... into New Life http://www.nwlife.com

Guillotine with "Deckle" edged cutting blade ? John General Crafting 3 February 5th 05 07:42 AM
straight cut on saw Jafi Jewelry 33 October 2nd 04 01:12 AM
saw blade question Wilson Jewelry 2 January 14th 04 09:41 AM
saw blade question C Ryman Jewelry 7 September 16th 03 03:40 AM
Pain from rotary cutters? Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 22 July 19th 03 01:43 PM