New Twisties Cane! (filigrana)

Old July 4th 03, 12:16 AM
Chryse

Default New Twisties Cane! (filigrana)

I just wanted to show y'all my new cane based on the filigrana or
twistie canes that are used in glass bead work. I placed pictures on
my website for you to view.

On this page here - http://members.aol.com/Laukkonen/filigrana.html

Enjoy!

Chryse
Old July 4th 03, 12:52 AM
Dawn Stubitsch

Those are really awsome. I loved the effect on the bead! What a great idea!
-- Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
om...

Old July 4th 03, 12:58 AM
Dawn Stubitsch

I'd love to see a more broken down step by step explanation for those of use
who don't generally get to do that kind of work. You assumed some basic
knowledge that not all of us have. Are the stripes run vertically along the
sides of a snake and then twisted? If so how did you do the one with the
inner twist?
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
om...

Old July 4th 03, 01:20 AM
rw

filigrana or
twistie canes http://members.aol.com/Laukkonen/filigrana.html

Very fun. A tutorial would be great!! (hint hint)
Old July 4th 03, 09:09 AM
Diana Curtis

Those canes are wonderful! I think I see how its done.... very clever! You
were inspired by the glass rods but how did you ever figure how to actually
make this cane? Its pretty complex looking..
Ok.. you just made my fingers itch to make some...
the egg is soooooo incredible.
Thanks for sharing!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
om...

Old July 4th 03, 09:23 AM
Chryse

(rw) wrote in message ...
filigrana or
twistie canes
http://members.aol.com/Laukkonen/filigrana.html

Very fun. A tutorial would be great!! (hint hint)

Thanks! They are fun!
A tute huh, hehe. If I get time I will work in it!
Old July 4th 03, 09:30 AM
Chryse

"Dawn Stubitsch" wrote in message .com...
I'd love to see a more broken down step by step explanation for those of use
who don't generally get to do that kind of work. You assumed some basic
knowledge that not all of us have. Are the stripes run vertically along the
sides of a snake and then twisted? If so how did you do the one with the
inner twist?
Dawn Stubitsch

I would love to do a tute, but I just don't have the time or resources
right now. I am sorry!! They are such fun to make.

No, I was not assuming anything from anyone, from picking up the clay
for the first time or someone who has clayed for 10 years would, or
would not, have the knowledge to make this from those pictures. I was
just sharing what I had managed to create and thought was a neat
effect. I don't know how to explain. But sounds like your strip idea
would be neat!
Old July 4th 03, 09:16 PM
Chryse

Thanks Irene!! You are right, it does take time. And more clay than
just making one cane. I will look into doing a magazine article
though!

Chryse

"irene" wrote in message ...
I think Chryse ought to write a magazine article about these! Internet
tutorials are great, but writing how-to instructions takes time, and I think
a distinctive new look like this deserves appropriate compensation.

Way to go, Chryse! These are really great.

Irene

Old July 4th 03, 09:21 PM
Chryse

Mom has always told me that I have that 'technical' sorta mind, hehe.
I just looked at the picture I have of those glass rods and just 'did'
it. I always admire those in glass beads and thought it would be fun.

Which egg? I am guessing that you wandered around my site and are
talking about my faux abalone one? If so, hehe, thanks!!! It sits
right here next to my computer, hehe.

Uhoh, fingers itching for clay!! *quickly grabs some clay and places
in Diana's hands!!!* There, that should help, hehehe.

Chryse

Old July 4th 03, 09:24 PM
Chryse

"JSS" wrote in message ...
Hey Chryse,
Congrats on your efforts. It is causing quite a stir I see. That is what
keeps us all entranced with the polymer clay though. So many possibilities
and so little time :-)
Thanks for sharing,
Jackie

Thanks!!

I see that too, a little over-whelmed with all the posts, emails, and
such that I have been receiving! hehe.

Oh yes, that to-do list just grows, doesn't it!! As fast as I try to
'remove' things from it, I also am just as fast to place more on it!
LOL

Chryse

AD: Twisties starlia Beads 18 November 5th 04 06:07 AM
AD - Donna Twisties Tinkster Beads 1 November 2nd 04 07:35 AM
Learn to restore cane and wicker chairs in the heart of the Loire ... Le Barreau General Crafting 0 February 23rd 04 05:43 PM
woven cane chairs just me Marketplace 0 January 11th 04 03:08 AM
Cane Glass from Fire Mountain? Tink Beads 6 July 10th 03 05:50 PM