Shawl Pattern - again - New pics

Old November 2nd 03, 02:47 AM
Bryan

Default Shawl Pattern - again - New pics

Well my sister finally decided on the 1970's fringed triangle Shawl, got 90%
done (like 5 more rows + fringe to go) I have found more pictures on the
shawl we're really looking for. I'm of course going to finish the one I'm
doing, but would love to surprise her with both!

This was spotted on ebay, with 1 day to go, all ready over $230! (crazy
people) but has better pictures:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=30 07
There's a link on this auction to he http://www.mynapmat.com/jessica.htm
$225 + s/h! again crazy.

If I only had a pattern I'm positive I could make her one like that.

I thank you all in advance again for your continued support & advice!

Bryan

Old November 2nd 03, 10:59 AM
Anna MCM

Bryan wrote:

Well my sister finally decided on the 1970's fringed triangle Shawl, got 90%
done (like 5 more rows + fringe to go) I have found more pictures on the
shawl we're really looking for. I'm of course going to finish the one I'm
doing, but would love to surprise her with both!

Thank you Bryan!

Itīs very different from the previous one you found on e-bay. This one
IS lovely! Now I understand your sister...
Just wondering... Iīm not so sure thatīs crocheted tough... I would need
to look at a larger pic or better to a "real life" shawl to be sure of
that, but from what I see I doubt a little.
It reminds me a bit of a sort of craft made using a table with spikes, I
donīt know the name of it even in Italian, I know only thatīs (or was)
very popular among Italian soldiers and navy troops.
Another possibility is thatīs made with a "forcella", I donīt know the
name in English either. but you can see a pic he

http://www.baronedirondo.com/forcella.htm

Bye,

Anna Maria

(sorry if this message appears twice)

Old November 2nd 03, 01:17 PM

Anna Maria, I think the pics show what we call hairpin lace.

Carol Ann in West Virginia

Old November 2nd 03, 04:29 PM
enigma

"Bryan" wrote in
:
This was spotted on ebay, with 1 day to go, all ready over
$230! (crazy people) but has better pictures:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=343854855
2&category=3007 There's a link on this auction to he
http://www.mynapmat.com/jessica.htm $225 + s/h! again
crazy.

very crazy! that design in wool/acrylic is going to look *awful*
in a very short time.
anyway, it looks a lot like broomstick lace to me. very quick
to work up once you get it down & fairly short learning curve
too. i gave my college roomie a 10 minute lesson on Friday & she
came back on Sunday with a completed afghan!
check the top shawl on this site:
http://homesteadwoolandgiftfarm.com/...nit_items.html
it has links to a closeup.
basic instructions for broomstick lace:
http://www.crochetcabana.com/broomst...iffy_lace_.htm

oooh! check the bottom of this page:
http://www.vintageknits.com/shawls2.html
with longer fringe, it might be just what you're looking for...
lee
Old November 2nd 03, 09:27 PM
Aud

We call it *gimping*!
AUD ;-)

--

"Anna MCM" skrev i melding

Old November 3rd 03, 10:02 AM
Anna MCM

Ria Van de Velde wrote:

I have been thinking about a craft I can do with my nieces during this
years family weekend in januari. They already learned to do kumihimo,
and last year we made origami thingies. But this forcella seems a
good idea. Only problem is I have to learn it myself first. And this
means I have to learn italian first. Well, I still have two months
left......

Well, you are always welcome to my intensive Italian language classes :-)))

Now that I know the English name of it, I made a research for you.
I think that this one with the pics from the Italian website can be of
some help:

http://www.wrights.com/class/needlew...airpinlace.htm

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old November 3rd 03, 11:29 AM
Ria Van de Velde

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:02:45 +0100, Anna MCM
wrote:

Ria Van de Velde wrote:

I have been thinking about a craft I can do with my nieces during this
years family weekend in januari. They already learned to do kumihimo,
and last year we made origami thingies. But this forcella seems a
good idea. Only problem is I have to learn it myself first. And this
means I have to learn italian first. Well, I still have two months
left......

Well, you are always welcome to my intensive Italian language classes :-)))

Now that I know the English name of it, I made a research for you.
I think that this one with the pics from the Italian website can be of
some help:

http://www.wrights.com/class/needlew...airpinlace.htm

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Thank you very much. I will certainly give it a try, and if I have
any problems, I will call for help.

About your Italian classes, I would love to come over to do that, but
although I am closer to you than a lot of the others here, it is still
a little bit too far. But it would be nice to spend some time in
Sweden, and to meet you.

Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be