Granny square?

Old October 29th 03, 10:59 AM
Shulamit Umansky

Default Granny square?

Well, now that I'm here I am going to ask tons of questions! :-)

The granny square is the easiest crocheted square, right? Well, I must admit
I cannot do it. For some reason it gets all crumpled, not flat as it should
be.

Please - does someone have directions that work? I tried some from several
websites and ended up frustrated with "furry balls" as my husband called
those trys when he saw them :-) or :-(

Also, while I'm at it - how should I choose the size of the hook? Should it
be wider than the yarn? I think the yarn we have here doesn't have hook
sizes listed..

Shulamit

Old October 29th 03, 01:22 PM
Jacqueline Butt

try this

http://members.aol.com/SAG55/gransq.html

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html

Old October 29th 03, 07:22 PM
JJMolvik

I never found Granny's as easy as I was always led to believe. I think they
are more difficult because you are stopping (cutting) and starting each
round.

JMTCW

JJMolvik

Old October 30th 03, 04:30 PM
NoraBalcer

Jacqueline,

I was going to suggest the same thing, I usually make my first five or six
rounds the same color, then add a different one for the last round, unless you
do like I do sometims, real lazy, just keep on going until you have about 32
rounds.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 30th 03, 05:19 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
Jacqueline,

I was going to suggest the same thing, I usually make my first five or

six
rounds the same color, then add a different one for the last round,

unless you
do like I do sometims, real lazy, just keep on going until you have about

32
rounds.

Hugs,

Nora

I actually hate making granny squares, but when I DO, which is RARE, I'll
do them in one color, too!
Noreen

---

Old October 30th 03, 06:40 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

I do the continuous one as I'm just plain lazy and it does work up fast and no
stitching the squares together.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 31st 03, 03:57 AM
Cori

Dear Shulamit,

How is the square coming? You've got me curious! (not hard to do lol. I'm
like JJ's kittens)

Hugs,
Cori

--
If my address reads spammers r stupid then give me a shout on line.
If my address reads yahoo delete no spam to email me back.