TDB's visit to South Africa -Mim? Ragmop?

Old May 20th 04, 05:55 AM
Shona in NZ

Default TDB's visit to South Africa -Mim? Ragmop?

My trip to Africa is coming up pretty fast and there was talk of me taking
over the TDB ribbon(s?) for Tutu to sign. (I've also had a request to
purchase a nice big gaudy SA diamond to attach to TDB but we will have to
see; the NZ dollar is strong but I'm not sure its THAT strong :-))

Can someone direct me on the protocol and let me know what I need to do. If
I will be taking over one/all of the ribbons that Mim brought with her to
NZ, it would be good to get it sent soon since the mail can take anything
from a 1-6 weeks to get here.

Shona getting very excited about this trip in NZ

shonala at clear dot net dot nz

Old May 20th 04, 08:26 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Easiest, quickest, lightest weight for luggage:
get some ribbon from where you are now, start a new attachment
for TDB. You can choose the color, won't have to wait for
anything to show up in your mail. TDB can handle the addition.
Good luck!
Have a great trip!

Ragmop/Sandy

Old May 31st 04, 01:47 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

True, you definitely don't want to lug TDB around anymore. It weighs more
than your average quilter by now and we all know how much that is!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
My trip to Africa is coming up pretty fast and there was talk of me

taking
over the TDB ribbon(s?) for Tutu to sign. (I've also had a request to
purchase a nice big gaudy SA diamond to attach to TDB but we will have

see; the NZ dollar is strong but I'm not sure its THAT strong :-))

Can someone direct me on the protocol and let me know what I need to do.

If
I will be taking over one/all of the ribbons that Mim brought with her

NZ, it would be good to get it sent soon since the mail can take

anything
from a 1-6 weeks to get here.

Shona getting very excited about this trip in NZ

shonala at clear dot net dot nz

---

Old May 31st 04, 04:40 AM
Shona in NZ

Snorfle Can you believe Sairy actually suggested I take TDB?! She
thought since it was Tutu he was going to meet and all. I regretfully
declined since I am only allowed 20kg in luggage and I don't want the
responsibility of keeping TDB safe from lions and other naughty
natives.......as an aside, does anyone know why if you are travelling
to/from the US your allowance is 64kg otherwise it is 20kg? Makes no sense
to me atoll; I'm sure you don't need an extra 44kg of clothes to visit the
USA!.....Anyway Sairy is sending over the ribbons Mim brought with her plus
some new ones Linda made and a 'flat' TDB for Tutu to meet. I'll try and
coax Tutu away from her busy schedule for and afternoon of diamond shopping
for TDB g

Shona who wouldn't have a clue what the average quilter weighs in NZ :-)