Vernors

Old September 24th 03, 12:42 AM
KenB

Default Vernors

Vernors for sale on ebay!!!
Old September 24th 03, 04:47 PM
Bob & Marg Whittleton

KenB wrote:

Vernors for sale on ebay!!!

Why would I want to buy Vernors on e-bay when I can get it at my local
grocery store? (and what does it have to do with stitching?)

Marg

Old September 24th 03, 05:24 PM
Joan Erickson

Bob & Marg Whittleton wrote:

KenB wrote:

(and what does it have to do with stitching?)

My question, exactly!

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old September 24th 03, 09:02 PM
Bmciowa

What are vernors?

I know it as a brand of ginger ale, but perhaps it's something else too.

Sara
WIPS: Cardinal Sampler (Patricia Andrle)

Old September 24th 03, 09:07 PM
madeupagin

t...

Bob & Marg Whittleton wrote:

KenB wrote:

(and what does it have to do with stitching?)

My question, exactly!

--
Joan

Vernors IS a wonderful brand of Ginger Ale. Has a nice bite to it. Well,
ok, BITE to it. It isn't a mild beverage at all.

Now I want some. LOL

Tere

Old September 24th 03, 09:08 PM
madeupagin

t...

Bob & Marg Whittleton wrote:

KenB wrote:

(and what does it have to do with stitching?)

My question, exactly!

Here, more info:

http://www.dpsu.com/vernors.html

Old September 24th 03, 10:35 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

It's a Detroit area beverage. The wife of the "inventor" was cared for
in a home in the little town wherein I grew up.

It's a wonderful ginger ale - like nothing else out there. And I miss
it . . . It made a great desert when - in a deep glass - you poured it
over scoops of ice cream. Another good one was a "black cow". Same
thing, only with root beer. g Ahhhh, youth!
Dianne

Old September 24th 03, 10:47 PM
Bmciowa

Vernors IS a wonderful brand of Ginger Ale. Has a nice bite to it. Well,
ok, BITE to it. It isn't a mild beverage at all.

Now I want some. LOL

Tere

I don't find that Vernor's has any bite at all. But DH brought home something
called Jamaican Ginger Beer which really did. It tasted like I always wished
ginger did. Fabulous! But not available within 40 miles of my house :-(.

Old September 25th 03, 12:18 AM
Kathy Tabb

When you put Vernors in a tall glass and add a scoop of vanilla
ice cream, put it in the blender for a bit, it's called a Boston
Cooler --- don't know why since it was created in Detroit -- but
it's the very BEST kind of summer drink in the world.

Kathy
Who was raised on them!