Anyone in MN?

Old January 14th 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Anyone in MN?

Hello everyone! So glad to see a group of stitchers with a few recent posts.. I started a google group call SE Minnesota Stitchers but have no idea how to find people who would be interested. This is the only active stitching group I can even find...hand stitching seems to be either a dying art or an art practiced in isolation. If any of you have ideas about how to meet other stitchers in my area, please let me know.

Janie
Old January 15th 17, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 15:16:11 -0800 (PST), Janie
wrote:

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 3:30:42 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 12:13:05 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hello everyone! So glad to see a group of stitchers with a few recent posts. I started a google group call SE Minnesota Stitchers but have no idea how to find people who would be interested. This is the only active stitching group I can even find...hand stitching seems to be either a dying art or an art practiced in isolation. If any of you have ideas about how to meet other stitchers in my area, please let me know.

Janie

I have no idea, do you not have any local stitching Guilds? This was
always a group which was mostly all over NA and to some degree
international.

There are no active stitching guilds in MN. There is a more professional guild in Minneapolis but their membership fees are over $150 and I'm unable to travel that far. I'm so sad about not finding people to enjoy this art with.

Those are steep fees! I'm not sure of any other way to find
stitchers, maybe someone else will have an idea. I don't think I am
imagining this but I thought there was someone here who used to be in
Minnesota.
Old January 15th 17, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Janie[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

It's a pretty fancy group for $150 membership fee. They have super fancy classes (which you have to pay more money for), famous international stitchers who teach, and lots of designers and vendors. I'm sure it's great for professional stitchers, but I'm just a self taught stitcher looking for a social stitching group. It's deep winter and freezing cold at this time of year in MN...I wonder what everyone is doing if not stitching?

Old January 15th 17, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Janie[_2_]

Hello Sharon...I'm glad to know there's at least one other minnesotan who stitches! Have you been able to find any stitching guilds in MN? I believe there's a few in the Dakota's which might be closer to you.

Old January 15th 17, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

wrote in message
Hello everyone! So glad to see a group of stitchers with a few recent posts.
I started a google group call SE Minnesota Stitchers but have no idea how to
find people who would be interested. This is the only active stitching group
I can even find...hand stitching seems to be either a dying art or an art
practiced in isolation. If any of you have ideas about how to meet other
stitchers in my area, please let me know.

Janie

I knew someone was! There you go Janie.
Old January 15th 17, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx the Minx

wrote:
Hello everyone! So glad to see a group of stitchers with a few recent
posts. I started a google group call SE Minnesota Stitchers but have no
idea how to find people who would be interested. This is the only active
stitching group I can even find...hand stitching seems to be either a
dying art or an art practiced in isolation. If any of you have ideas
about how to meet other stitchers in my area, please let me know.

Janie

Hi Janie,
I'm in Burnsville but I'm originally from Rochester.

--
jinx the minx