Nickel-free leverback earring findings

Old July 9th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Nickel-free leverback earring findings

Good afternoon!

I would like to ask if anyone here has a source for nickel-free
jewelry findings; leverback earrings is what I'm really interested in
locating.

I've found one or two sites, but they want a minimum $50 order and all
I want is about a dozen pairs for my own personal use. I'm not making
any to sell, just help out my poor ears. Even the sterling silver
ones end up irritating my lobes after a few wearings.

If anyone has a site or source to share, I would be most greatful!!

Old July 10th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling

I know this is only temporary, but have you ever thought about painting the
earrings with clear fingernail polish? You'd have to keep it up if it works
for you... meaning you'd always have to keep a layer of the polish on the
earrings you wore all the time. Just a thot...

Sterling

ps.com...

Old July 10th 07, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Johanna Koski

Nailpolish can bring even bigger problems in future, if it's used regulary.

I've been looking for niobium-earrings, as I can't use silver at all.
Even the cheapest ones, with nickel, I can use, but silver, no. In EU
it's quite easy to find nickelfree jewelry parts, as the allowed amount
of nickel is so low that it's all the same make them without. And it's
funny, as in our coins, they use way much more nickel than it's allowed
in jewelry...

Johanna

my etsy-shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5158824

Old July 10th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Thanks to both of you, I really appreciate your time and the answers!

Believe it or not I was standing in line this morning at work waiting
on my breakfast order and was talking to a girl here at work. She
does bead weaving and such and the conversation lead to my leverback
dilemma. She said she orders online from vendors all the time and
many do have the $50 minimum order and she would be happy to include
my earring order in with hers the next time she places one. Yay!!

You never know who you'll end up talking to while standing in line and
how it can be a treat and a benefit.

Old July 11th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Your ears are an infection point. DO NOT put clear nail polish on
them, it's poison.

Patti

Nickel Plating Maggie Glass 5 November 21st 05 04:03 AM
Nylon earring findings/earwire/posts Glenn A. Heslop Jewelry 1 July 5th 05 01:46 AM
casting low nickel copper [email protected] Jewelry 3 February 4th 05 06:13 AM
Nickel oxide versis nickel carbonate Bruce on Earthlink Pottery 3 October 10th 03 09:09 PM
Nickel plated brass needles AGRES Yarn 0 July 24th 03 09:59 PM